Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Oh my good lord! This is the coolest thing I've ever seen. My two favourite franchises when I was growing up... In one! I'm stunned. Litterally stunned!! So stunned, in fact, that it didn't even bother me that Freddy had two gloves on. This has brought a hell of a smile to my face :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Whhaaaat the ****k?.!!!!

Street fighter can go n ****e forever!!

For once, a fighting game made by a company who gives a ****!!

LONG LIVE NETHERREALM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I wonder if MK will go down the Capcom route of releasing an "Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9" or if this is the last of the DLC.

adam urbano told me last year that they were planning on supporting this particular game for at least a year or 2 with dlc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Helix wrote: »
    adam urbano told me last year that they were planning on supporting this particular game for at least a year or 2 with dlc

That's great to hear. Although all this DLC would have to be planned out while they were making the game, already part of the structure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

That blew me away :eek:, freddy kruegar in mk , perfect fit love to see more those movie horror character make across :pac::pac:. Only problem i have with their dlc is the ridicouls price of paying 3.99 for one character , maybe down the line their be the bundle for all characters being cheaper than buying them seperate

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »

I've also heard this. And this is only the first season of characters. We could still see any favourites that we're missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

are any of the DLC characters X-box exclusive?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Whhaaaat the ****k?.!!!!

Street fighter can go n ****e forever!!

For once, a fighting game made by a company who gives a ****!!

LONG LIVE NETHERREALM!

Capcom do give a ****, the usually give the fans what they want. (Maybe not at the price point they want though)

jaykhunter wrote: »
    are any of the DLC characters X-box exclusive?

Nope, don't think so, man. I'm pretty sure they are available for both consoles.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

So, for those of you who love Mk, for those of you who want to see it kick SF's ass, for those of you who want to enter the competitive world of video gaming or even those who are just curious- here's something you may be interested in.

The Irish Fighting Game community is holding a MK9 tournament on July 30th in the Exchange in Dublin.

There will be other FG tournaments on the the day too so you can check them out if you like.

Info is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056322901

If you want MK to succeed in Ireland, and continue to play, and grow like the Street Fighter and Blaz Blue scenes, you really should come along: The people running this are not MK fans and they've no reason to unless you, the people who love this title, show up, and let them see there's passion about MK in Ireland.

You'll also stand the chance to get yourself recorded in tournament in a commentated HD video:

I can't stress- Fighting games live and die on their tournament play. For the last 2 years, the Street Fighter community has sent Irish people to play in Vegas at Evo. There's no reason Mortal Kombat can't grow like that- but you need to come for it to happen!

(posted with mods permission)

• Advertisement

I'd absolutely love to show up for this and test my skills, but unfortunately my wallet won't allow it. I've got a mate's birthday, and Iron Maiden concert, and my brother's wedding all withen the next few weeks, which means three trips back home to Drogheda (from Galway) and one to Belfast. I'm gutted that I can't make this tournament, and I'd love to have a hand in MK becoming a real recognized fighting game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If there's a few going and funds permitting I'll be travelling up to this.

My copy of mk9 bit the dust during the week, I may pick up a new one pronto or I'll be ****ing rusty as balls

If there's a few going and funds permitting I'll be travelling up to this.

My copy of mk9 bit the dust during the week, I may pick up a new one pronto or I'll be ****ing rusty as balls

Looking at the thread in the FG forum it looks like there'll be roughly 30 people at it.

I presume everyone will be using fight sticks ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

Just wondering if anyone is Mortal Kombat art fan, my boyfriend has recently drawn a Noob Saibot picture, which was quite popular on DevArt and he is now holding a poll on his Deviant Art where in people can vote for what Mortal Kombat picture they'd like to see next.

If anyone is interested his Deviant Art is : http://faceaway.deviantart.com/

And the Noob Saibot picture is here : http://faceaway.deviantart.com/#/d3wk821

He also does various other gaming/comic characters but I thought I'd post the MK art stuff here, :)

I presume everyone will be using fight sticks ya?

Nope, thats a common myth :)

hmmmm in that case I'll pop up so :)

Just wondering if anyone is Mortal Kombat art fan, my boyfriend has recently drawn a Noob Saibot picture, which was quite popular on DevArt and he is now holding a poll on his Deviant Art where in people can vote for what Mortal Kombat picture they'd like to see next.

If anyone is interested his Deviant Art is : http://faceaway.deviantart.com/

And the Noob Saibot picture is here : http://faceaway.deviantart.com/#/d3wk821

He also does various other gaming/comic characters but I thought I'd post the MK art stuff here, :)

That's a very impressive pic. I love seeing MK fan art. I do a few sketchs myself, but nothing to this magnetude. Tell your boy to keep'em coming :)

hmmmm in that case I'll pop up so :)

Bring your own pad though- trust me on this one :)

ha ha was going to

• Advertisement

ha ha was going to

You'd be amazed man :D

Gutted I missed this. Got dragged into making a garden out of our field the last few days.

Let me know when the next one is. I will 100% be there next time.

Was a good old day, I think there's definitely enough interest for us to do another MK tournament.

Kuro Tao is basically the best Irish MK player on evidence of tournaments now so it's up to you lot to prove him wrong :)

Was a good old day, I think there's definitely enough interest for us to do another MK tournament.

Kuro Tao is basically the best Irish MK player on evidence of tournaments now so it's up to you lot to prove him wrong :)
    Aye he has that combo pretty fecking dialed in. My smoke needs some more work before I could hope to challenge him based on that video.

Whats the craic with dlc chars were they included?

Aye he has that combo pretty fecking dialed in. My smoke needs some more work before I could hope to challenge him based on that video.

Whats the craic with dlc chars were they included?

Yup, AFAIR one of the MK players. brought a console with all DLC and patches installed.

The beauty of competitive gaming is you have a target to aim for. Kuro Tao IS irish MK right now. He's the man and you lot need to bring him down :)

That's fcuking brilliant!

deathrider wrote: »
    That's fcuking brilliant!

It made my day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭HereticPrincess

I posted on here about a week ago about Mortal Kombat art done by my boyfriend, a Noob Saibot picture.

His most recent work, voted on by his deviant art watchers was for a picture of Mileena & Sub-Zero.

If anyone is interested in taking a look: http://faceaway.deviantart.com/#/d46clzb

Zoom in for the full effect.

:)

Advertisement