Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 14 - 6/11/10

Options
  • 19-10-2010 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭

As I have been doing constantly for the last little while, I'm announcing another tournament. At least this is another of our tournaments. In fact it's the big one because it's Inferno 14!

We're on the move again, so this month it will be held in Exchange Dublin. It's a great spot in Temple Bar with plenty of room for the tournament and it's across the way from the Porter House for after the tournament.

Doors will open at 10:00 for casuals and registration. The tournament itself will start at 12:00. If you're coming you can let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate you but I can't guarantee anything once the tournament has started.

Despite the move the cost remains the same. It's €5 in, which covers the venue and then it's €10 into the tournament which goes towards prize pot.

1) Cobelcog
    2) Bush
    3) AnimaX
    4) The Hound
    5) Kirby
    6) D4RK Onion
    7) Dreddybajs
    8) Azza
    9) Doctor Doom
    10) Ian McTetly
    11) Blag
    12) Chunkis
    13) GorySnake
    14) Redman350
    15) Banjo B
    16) Orim

As we're moving away from the XGC we need to supply the equipment for this tournament. We're short of what's needed so if you can help out by bringing a console, a monitor or anything let us know in this thread. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Prize pot will be split 60/30/10 among the top 3 finishers.
    Seeding will not be performed for the first Super Street fighter 4 Tournament.

Format is as follows, a seeded group stage followed by a double elimination stage. Each match in the group stage will consist of 3 games with each game beings best of 3 rounds. The third game of a match in the group stages will only be played in the event of a tie after the second set. If one player wins the first 2 games the third game is not played.

After the group stage is over a draw will take place to determine the first round upper bracket matches of the double elimination stage. Winners of a group will be randomly drawn against the runner ups of other groups. The first round of the lower bracket will also be a random draw from the players who lost in the first round of the upper brackets.

Each match in the double elimination stage will be best of 3 games and each game is best of 3 rounds.

Should we get 64 attendants, the tournament will be run with pools rather than groups. The pools would be 16 man double elims with the top 4 of each pool going through to the top 16. It would be first come first served with the last couple of people having to play in a play-off group(s) to get into pools.

People who arrive after the tournament starts are not guaranteed a place in the tournament but we will try to accommodate them if possible.

1. All characters are selectable.

2. Custom controllers and button configuration is allowed.

3. Turbo is banned. Anyone who is caught using this feature will be disqualified.

4. Players can change characters in each round of the double elimination phase. However once a match has started they may only change characters in a match after loosing a set. The winner of the first set must stick to his character he started the set with and may only change if he looses the second set, in which case the winner of the second set must then stick to the character he used in the second set.

4. Double Blind select available in the event of people being concerned about counter picking. An admin will assist with this if required.

5. Rock, paper, scissors is used in the event of people being unable to agree on which side they want to sit on.

6. In the event of a player pausing a game during a round or his stick/pad fails during a round, he forfeits the round unless both players agree to carry on. If there is a dispute an admin will resolve the dispute.

7. In the event of a game ending in a draw, the game will scrapped and not counted towards the results. It will then be replayed.

7. Players who are overly disruptive during a competition or who are distracting other players can be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the tournament admins.

8. No white track suits please.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

cheeky focus ok?

We missed cheeky focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

I highly doubt I'll be at this one as amongst other things, ( such as a trip to London this weekend ) I have to buy a new xbox as my current one died on me last weekend. :(

Will intend on being at Inferno 15 though so Exchange better not be fecking closing down at the end of November! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

I'll def be at this one. Haven't been playing too much lately but I've been getting in some practice with mr cheeky focus so I'll be ready :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Really looking forward to this. Might be the first inferno I play more than one character!

As usual Dan if you need a hand with anything give me a shout.

.....Get hype?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

il be there

il beat you there

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Will be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 HandiCapanda

If i can figure out who i main i'll be there!

Have it down to seth, ken, akuma, honda, guile, cody and maybe gen. but i suck with all of them so.. who knows

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If i can figure out who i main i'll be there!

Have it down to seth, ken, akuma, honda, guile, cody and maybe gen. but i suck with all of them so.. who knows

Didn't you pick Dhalsim against me a few Infernos ago too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Wahoo Inferno 14 I'll defo be there and I'll bring the Hype (tea really).
    Gonna practice my Blanka and Ryu before this one as I done much better last time with just one practice session under my belt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cymatics

I should be there for this.

Just tell me I don't have to invent a time machine and go back to the 6th of October.

Cymatics wrote: »
    I should be there for this.

Just tell me I don't have to invent a time machine and go back to the 6th of October.

LOL.

I'll fix that presently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Hope I can make it, but can't guarantee anything in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Might be the first inferno I play more than one character!

Oh the intrigue! My money's on rose

Nearly time for Inferno. Get...Hype?

Speedboat, if you could get for ten and give me a hand with the registration it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'll be there at ten, hopefully I won't have to run out and buy equipment at the last minute again.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'll head down for ten anyways.

Spare pair of hands.

I'm gonna be there at 10. Will be trying to make sure the video stuff is as good as it can be. All the last few weeks have been trial runs for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

I'm gonna be there at 10. Will be trying to make sure the video stuff is as good as it can be. All the last few weeks have been trial runs for this.

Beno, Will we have Internet connectivity at the venue? I ask because if so, you could do a live feed from the setup. Just a thought.

• Advertisement

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Beno, Will we have Internet connectivity at the venue? I ask because if so, you could do a live feed from the setup. Just a thought.

We don't know yet. If we can, I will.

They do have a wireless connection at the place but I don't know what it will like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I most likely will be going along with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Speed Boat wrote: »
    Might be the first inferno I play more than one character!

And this will be the Inferno I go back to using one character. Cody Travers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Will my first inferno/meet-ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GorySnake wrote: »
    And this will be the Inferno I go back to using one character. Cody Travers.
    That's a good idea.

I'll be using only Abel Honda Ryu Akuma Cody Gouken Ken Adon.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

haven't been to one of these meet ups in ages, is it 10 am or pm? why the move from the XGC, you guys don't go there anymore? And 360 or PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It is 10am. XGC is just too uncomfortable and cramped for the amount of people we get at tournaments now, but we do still have casuals and smaller tournaments there.

Will be played on both formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

bump for first page. Tbh i'd forgotten about this and when i came to the forums to check, this thread was buried.

• Advertisement

You're all going down.

Except those who defeat me.

But they don't count.

Advertisement