Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inferno 14 - 6/11/10

Options
12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Never too late for posters.

Since we are doing commentary at this one should we look at a live broadcast of that for people who wont be able to make it or to attract people who might have come but aren't sure but might watch it online this time to come next time. We could use facebook et al as the platform for 'advertising' the event online - might even get interest of one or two from England having a look?

When you compare doing something like this or putting posters up it really just asks which would be better? Trying to hit random people with posters or targeting the large number of people who look at the youtube vids, or post on SF.ie or boards that dont/can't come to inferno. you could quite easily even have the webcam on the mac broadcasting. We wouldn't have the slick split screen fade overs to the games but it could be facilitated on the mac and the whole event could be online with multiple broadcasters, opinions from players and just the whole atmosphere.

Just a thought.... discuss.

Next time.

I don't want to do too much new stuff in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Next time.

I don't want to do too much new stuff in one go.

I see, after all, it might explode! :p

Naw, fair enough, just a thought considering you could do the dry run this weekend up the north and be ready for Inferno.... I would volunteer to help as I am sure many other would aswell??????

Don't be a afraid Brian. DO IT :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Streaming might be hard but yee could do the brackets online using challonge or tornamento etc

I see, after all, it might explode! :p

Naw, fair enough, just a thought considering you could do the dry run this weekend up the north and be ready for Inferno.... I would volunteer to help as I am sure many other would aswell??????

Don't be a afraid Brian. DO IT :D

This weekend is already a test of commentary which kinda needs to be monitored continually (I now understand why Spooky wears the headphones).

Inferno 15 will be the first with commentary, and when we have that good 16 will be the first with streaming, if the fates align.

This weekend is already a test of commentary which kinda needs to be monitored continually (I now understand why Spooky wears the headphones).

Inferno 15 will be the first with commentary, and when we have that good 16 will be the first with streaming, if the fates align.

Pray to Allah that Jupiter aligns with Zeus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Doubt we'll be able to do streaming too well with the net connection in Exchange.

It's wireless and it seems the staff use it constantly to keep themselves amused.

Pray to Allah that Jupiter aligns with Zeus

Jupiter is spherical and we all know how Zeus feels about balls.

Doubt we'll be able to do streaming too well with the net connection in Exchange.

It's wireless and it seems the staff use it constantly to keep themselves amused.

I'll give it a shot though.

If they have a business connection it might be able to handle the upload (our crappy connection in Celbridge could).

Zeus = MIME - lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Never too late for posters.

Since we are doing commentary at this one should we look at a live broadcast of that for people who wont be able to make it or to attract people who might have come but aren't sure but might watch it online this time to come next time. We could use facebook et al as the platform for 'advertising' the event online - might even get interest of one or two from England having a look?

When you compare doing something like this or putting posters up it really just asks which would be better? Trying to hit random people with posters or targeting the large number of people who look at the youtube vids, or post on SF.ie or boards that dont/can't come to inferno. you could quite easily even have the webcam on the mac broadcasting. We wouldn't have the slick split screen fade overs to the games but it could be facilitated on the mac and the whole event could be online with multiple broadcasters, opinions from players and just the whole atmosphere. (Now that we k now where the lights are, that wouldn't be a problem and the camera on the mac is decent enough for it)

Just a thought.... discuss.

tumblr_l96diyusyn1qb6i6bo1_500.jpg

lol actually, great points however im not sure anyones gonna waste their sat watching it live? perhaps a small amount. But maint point is having videos available, similar to event hubs, if the site gets re-done videos need to be posted there properly. Theres no exposure besides this forum

• Advertisement

Placebo wrote: »
    tumblr_l96diyusyn1qb6i6bo1_500.jpg
    You disgust me!
    Placebo wrote: »
    Theres no exposure besides this forum

That was my point exactly.

Advertisement