Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamonn Dunphy

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

while all liam ( irelands dourest man ) brady could add to last nites debate was that rooney wouldnt admit he was init for the money , dunphys analysis was sharp , insightfull and right on the money regarding rooneys career options and how the obvious decline in man utd has shaped his descision

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Zebra3 wrote: »
    "Ronaldo is a cod".

Dunphy a few years ago.Now I'm no fan of Ronaldo (either of them, but Dunphy was talking bout the non-fat one) but he was way wrong there.

But he was right in 1990. Ireland played ****e football despite having great players, but that was when Irish football was being hijacked by the ole ole/you'll never beat the Irish/win or lose we'll party tosser brigade. :rolleyes:
    How could anyone not be a fan of the Brazilian Ronaldo?

Thargor wrote: »
    I was just watching the new series of Reeling in the Years there and one of the segments was about people who bought Eircom shares back in 2000 thinking they were a sure thing then they dropped 30% straight away and there was Eamonn leading the protests because he'd invested, it reminded me of not so long ago when he was screaming and crying on the Late Late because he'd pumped a fortune into Anglo and seen it go up in smoke aswell.

Someone should explain to him that the value of an investment can go down as well as up, its really not that hard to understand. It does give a good peek into the mindset of someone like him though, an arrogant moron who cant accept that he could have possibly made a mistake, it has to have been someone else.

Anyway, I hate Eamonn Dunphy, your thoughts?

Not a huge fan but to be fair i think himself and Shane Ross were protesting at the humongous salaries the directors were giving themselves despite running a company very poorly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

''Roy Keane dosent show boat like Niall Quinn, Roy Keane actually goes to see sick children in hospital''

Eamonn Dunphy

''Roy Keane dosent show boat like Niall Quinn, Roy Keane actually goes to see sick children in hospital''

Eamonn Dunphy

that was a totally ridiculous comment to make. if more footballers acted as human as Niall Quinn football would have more appeal to me anyway that's for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Its just shows you how much irish society has changed over the years...i mean 20 yrs back Dunphy was the most hated man in the country with his outright and honest criticism of Jack Charlton.

Remember he was nearly lynched at dublin airport coming back from italy.

Maybe we're a bit more saavy/sophisticated than we were back then.

Well I've always admired him cause he tells like it is, and never goes with the flow just to be popular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

This is such a small pedantic thing, but the way he continually (and incorrectly) refers to Macheda going on loan to Preston is extremely irritating. I guess Welbeck and Macheda are such lookalikes though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

He may be an eejitt but he's a god amongst analysists when compared to Jamie Redknapp, lineker and co. And he's definately ghost writing Rooneys next book.

Remember, you cannot have analysis without anal. Think about that - it explains much ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I just want Graeme Souness to come back and try to get a rise out of him again.....the sight of Dunphy throttling him (or vice versa) spreadeagled over that desk would surely be the television highlight of many decades to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

I just want Graeme Souness to come back and try to get a rise out of him again.

does anyone know what happend to Ulubatlı Souness?

last time I saw him on RTE he was saying that *Vidic was raped by *Torres a couple of times, is this the reason why he is not on the panel any more?

*might not be correct about the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

stovelid wrote: »
    Dunphy does spout inanities if you assess his job as being to offer well-researched opinions on football and players. His inanities are perceived to be entertaining though so essentially the difference between himself and Alan Shearer is that he is funny. Their objective worth as pundits is roughly the same.

@Zebra3: I'll also always admire him for attempting to puncture the Ole party with rational analysis in 1990. The vilification he suffered was disgusting and should never be forgotten.

I'm sure he's does more research than Shearer, who recently admitted he knew nothing about Ben Arfa. And at least Dunphy doesn't shirk a challenge. he's more than prepared to stick a metaphorical boot into it if required. Unlike Shearer who doesn't want to upset the old boys club and keeps it as safe as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

gaa-stalwart-dunphy.jpg

Big pimpin'

Does he have an invisible saxophone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,087 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Has he ever admitted he got it badly wrong about Ronaldo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Has he ever admitted he got it badly wrong about Ronaldo?
    Yep.

On the subject of his comments about Rooney last night, he has been saying for years that Fergie has been "abusing" (although last night he chose that word) him by playing him out of position, so I was surprised that the other two lads on the panel were so shocked at his comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Does he have an invisible saxophone?
    or is he.....oh nevermind

• Advertisement
Advertisement