Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

lots to look at not much to see !

• 19-10-2010 2:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

the hunt for our next van is well and truly under way and while their are pages of vans for sale their does not seem to be a lot in the 06/08 end of the market or may be i have just being looking in the wrong place ? it looks like we will be buying in the uk again as vans in this range do not seem to be on the irish market and those that are way over priced

we are looking for a low profile 4 birth with a hi spec with a garage may be you guys could recommend some vans i should be looking out for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tibia

Here are two which seem to answer your criteria:

http://www.mycamper.ie/viewad.php?ad_id=188

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/campers/1584799

The second one is from a dealer - more negotiation might be possible (and perhaps needed).

I believe a low-profile has the potential for greater fuel efficiency than larger types. Is this true and is it the reason why you would go for one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

thanks for the suggestions,as their will only be the 2 of us now we have no need for a full 6 birth as long as we have room for the odd visitor so we were thinking a low-profile might fit the bill,
    this one is a bit out of our budget put this is more like what we have in mind http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-Hobby-700-2800cc-19218mi-/300470831930?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item45f5750b3a

on the fuel thing i didnt consider it but if your going pay 35k plus for a van i dont think the odd tank of diesel is going to matter one way or another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

You could try this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭tibia

on the fuel thing i didnt consider it but if your going pay 35k plus for a van i dont think the odd tank of diesel is going to matter one way or another

Ha, I suppose you are right. That reminds me of an ad I saw on donedeal.ie which said something like:

"No texts. If you can afford to buy the camper you can afford to call."

i would normally be heading for my winter mallin to mizen round now :mad: but were still looking,seen a few and though i bought one but thats another story (waster),defo short supply of good 2nd hand vans at the moment in my range,me thinks people are holding out to see how the vrt/vat thing works out ? anyhow the search gos on and on and on,,,,, :rolleyes:,

• Advertisement

back on the road again,picked it on thur landed in rosslare friday morning to meat by 2ft of snow lets say it was an interesting drive home i never want to do that again,to be fair the van handled superbly but it was not what you call fun,now back playing with my new toy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

thanks for the suggestions,as their will only be the 2 of us now we have no need for a full 6 birth as long as we have room for the odd visitor so we were thinking a low-profile might fit the bill,
    this one is a bit out of our budget put this is more like what we have in mind http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-Hobby-700-2800cc-19218mi-/300470831930?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item45f5750b3a

A beautiful MH, BTW John Cross Motorhomes have a first class reputation for customer service.
    Being a 2006 left hooker I wonder does it have the JTD Power engine which is a superb version of the motor, it's little known in this part of the world as it was never fitted to RHD models.
    It's got 147bhp and max torque arrives at 1500rpm and stays till 3,200rpm, which makes for real relaxed cruising up hill and down dale.

Advertisement