Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

France

• 19-10-2010 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi, Anybody back from France this week ? :eek: Going over next week and wondered about the Diesel situation. Looks grim on the news. Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Not a good time to be searching for diesel in France. So fill up in Rosslare. Get some jerry cans and fill them too. Hide them in the garage or anywhere you can. Estimate how far you can go and get back from given the diesel you have. Go to that point and see how it is developing.
    A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush as the saying goes.

now dont worry about the 'loose' diesel as its safe as houses in the cans and much safer on board the boat than the folks who run their fridge on the gas while crossing.

Have a ball !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

It's the civil unrest that I'd be more concerned about. Stay out of the major urban areas and bring a bit of diesel just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Thanks lads, I'm filling the jerry cans as we speak. The better half doesn't like it, but as you say better safe than sorry. Will report on the situation when (if) we return. Thanks again for the support...............boyoh:D

It's a bit scarce alright. 3 outta 4 stations are out of diesel now. It'll start to get hairy in 8 days I reckon if the strikes last that long. Some stations have a 15 litre limit most won't allow you to refill jerry cans. It took me 80 miles to find a pump 3 nights ago but I was travelling overnight so half were closed anyway.

Advertisement