Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mirror

• 19-10-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I have just bought a large mirror, it has no stand on it.

The last mirror I had was the same but it slipped on my floor and broke.

Is there anything I can buy- rubber grip wise etc that I can sit it on so it won't slip again.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

Misticles wrote: »
    I have just bought a large mirror, it has no stand on it.

The last mirror I had was the same but it slipped on my floor and broke.

Is there anything I can buy- rubber grip wise etc that I can sit it on so it won't slip again.

Thanks

Assuming your floor is hard then blu-tack would do the trick nicely. I take it the mirror is tilted back slightly against the wall - in which case you'll be tipping it back onto the frame edge (which means it can slip easily)?

1) Position the mirror precisely the way you'd like it to finally be. Then tilt it back up straight and tip it over front ways - so that it's lying face first on the ground. All without letting it slide about the floor.

2) Roll pieces of blu-tack into balls - large-marble-sized would be ideal (spend a little while rolling to get them a bit warm - that way they stick better). Then press the balls onto the rear corner edge of the frame (which is now conveniently facing upwards at you). Place a ball about every 2 inchs (or a little finger length :)) apart across the full width of the frame. Press hard enough to get the ball to stick - but not so much that you squash them flat.

3) Carefully lift the mirror and tip it back over the balls so as to lean it against the wall.

4) When happy, lean down hard on the mirror to squash the balls and stick them to the ground. Mirror won't slide anywhere anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Do you know if double sided tape would do the job either?

Advertisement