Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland -v- Scotland, Tallaght Stadium

• 19-10-2010 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭

For those who dont know Ireland play scotland on Sunday at 2:30pm tickets can be bought through your local club or http://www.ticketgroup.ie/Rugby_League_-_Ireland_v_Scotland_tickets

Adult tickets €5
    Family Tickets €10 - Admits 2 Adults and 4 Children

There will be a youth game between tallaght and clondalkin before the match at 11:30 come along and make a day of it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Hopefully there will be a good turnout to witness an Irish victory

I must say €5 is exceptionally cheap for an international rugby match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭MerryWhistleblo

I haven't been at a game in Tallaght Stadium previously, is there parking close to the ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

I remeber back in 2007 I went to Tolka Park for the World cup qualifier against Lebanon - a really bruising passionate performance from both teams looking to qualify for a real world cup, and only around 100 people and a dog there. Then later in the afternoon, 80,000 people (and I think the same dog, who got on the pitch!!!!) were watching a menaingless compromise rules game.

I'll be going on sunday and I'm looking forward to it, but I'm very disappointed about the lack of advertising for the match. I spoke to 3 former internationals to see if they were going to the match and pre-match dinner for former players and all 3 said no one had contacted them! Unbelieveable,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I haven't been at a game in Tallaght Stadium previously, is there parking close to the ground?
    You can pay for parking in either the Square shopping center or Tallaght Hospital both within five minutes walk of the ground. Eitehr has a significant number of parking spaces so you should be fine.

EDIT By the way does anyone know if tickets will be on sale at the gate. I'm not a major RL fan but for €3 for a student ticket for an international match 30 minutes (on foot) from my home I don't think I can not show up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭kellco88

there will be a small number of tickets at the gate it should be a cracker gates open early as tallaght and clondalkin U-18's will play before the game at 11:30

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 billy slater

i wont risk travelling up to game as kellco has said only a small number of tickets will be available at gate and its too far to travel when i might not be able to get in. also could rli not put the squad of 17 up on its site before each match. also on a more important note which is the state of our league anyone know how many teams will be competing and how many have dropped out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Match Report from RLEF
    ALITALIA EUROPEAN CUP - MATCH 6 - IRELAND 22 SCOTLAND 42

Sunday 24th October 2010

A second half flurry from Scotland saw them pick up their first victory of the Alitalia European Cup while handing Ireland the Wooden Spoon.

Ireland got off to a flying start with John Gillam latching onto a superb Scott Grix cross field kick to open the scoring. McNally added the extras to give the home side a promising 6-0 lead.

However, Scotland fought back when captain Ben Fisher forced his way over only for Lee Paterson to miss the conversion.

The Irish put the pressure back on straight away and a jinking run from Grix saw him touchdown and McNally added the extras as Ireland looked comfortable at 12-4.

Grix continued to show fine form and a deep kick from the stand off forced a goal line drop out.

The talismanic captain then came close to making Ireland’s third try when his pass put Simon Finnigan over the line only for Thierry Alibert to pull it back after deeming the ball was forward.

Scotland again fought back but strong defence from Andy Kelly’s side kept them out and that was rewarded when, with just two minutes left in the half, Liam Finn sold the Scottish defence a mesmerising dummy and strolled in between the posts.

McNally once more added the conversion to leave the score at 18-4 at half time.

Scotland coach Steve McCormack gave his side a rousing team talk at the break and they came out all guns blazing.

With just two minutes gone Kevin Henderson found his way over Ireland’s try line to narrow the gap to just ten points.

His namesake Andrew did the same just moments later when he found a gap in the Irish defence and with Lee Paterson knocking over the conversion the Scots drew to within four points of the hosts.

Scotland were beginning to build pressure and a deep kick towards Gillam coupled with a great chase forced a knock on inside Ireland’s twenty metre line.

From the scrum, man of the match Dale Ferguson drew the sides level after picking the ball from the back of the scrum and fighting off three tackles; Paterson’s conversion putting his side in front for the first time.

Brendon Lindsay then pulled off a master stroke with a fantastic 40/20 into the Irish corner once more giving Scotland prime field position.

The stand off then topped that off with a pass which put full back Brett Carter over to widen the Scottish lead.

Ireland were on the ropes and Mitch Stringer landed the killer blow, the big prop crashing over the Irish line to make the scoreline 18-32 to the visitors.

The Wolfhounds did fight back but Jamie O’Callaghan lost possession with a two on one over lap in hand.

They did manage to pull out another score when Gillam bagged his second after a long pass from Finn put him through.

However, that was to be the last the Irish crowd had to cheer as two more tries from Ferguson and Joe Wardle killed off any hopes of a comeback.

Ireland:
    1. Greg McNally
    2. Tim Bergin
    3. James Haley
    4. Jamie O’Callaghan
    5. John Gillam
    6. Scott Grix
    7. Liam Finn
    8. Ryan Boyle
    9. Bob Beswick
    10. Brett McDermott
    11. Simon Finnigan
    12. Simon Grix
    13. Luke Ambler
    Subs (All Used)
    14. Joe Taylor
    15. Wayne Kerr
    16. Matt Ashe
    17. Matthew Fox
    Tries: Gillam (5, 65) Grix (15), Finn (38)
    Goals: Greg McNally ¾

Scotland:
    1. Brett Carter
    2. Dave Arnott
    3. Rob Lunt
    4. Kevin Henderson
    5. Joe Wardle
    6. Brendon Lindsay
    7. Lee Paterson
    8. Oliver Wilkes
    9. Ben Fisher
    10. Mitch Stringer
    11. Alex Szostak
    12. Sam Barlow
    13. Dale Ferguson
    Subs (All Used)
    14. Andrew Henderson
    15. Neil Lowe
    16. Paddy Coupar
    17. Jack Howieson

i wont risk travelling up to game as kellco has said only a small number of tickets will be available at gate and its too far to travel when i might not be able to get in. also could rli not put the squad of 17 up on its site before each match. also on a more important note which is the state of our league anyone know how many teams will be competing and how many have dropped out

The reason the 17 arent on the site before the game is that it is not given to the media as it does not actually have to be announced until an hour before the game so management like to keep their cards close to their chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭big barrie

tallaght can hold 7 thousand , according to the ground management there were about 500 in attendance why this ticket only ? could cash not be used

Tallaght stadium advise against the use of cash for security reasons. if they had say 1000 at a fiver a head you've 5k in cash with no security.

• Advertisement

niall farrell the match reporter stated that there was 1,100 in attendance stadium officials 564. most of were parents and friends of entertainers . i would say about 200 died in the wool rli supporters so if you arrived at tallaght with hard earned cash to see a rugby league game you might have been refused entry because of secuirity in scumbag land .

nobody would have been turned away rli cant afford to turn anyone away. also the stand used holds 3000 so there was loads of room.I dont buythe 'couldnt be guaranteed to get in' arguement as it has no standing

why are you sticking up for them all the time mr kelly i know you do linesman for them so you cant show bias , your mate niall farrell put a false attendance on his match report covering over the cracks wont fix it wrong location, wrong time .as billy stated was not guaranteed entrance.

The attendance in the report was the full attendance including vip's and kids who played earlier on in the day. So it was not false thats how many were there.

Regardless of which attendence figure you choose it was a record for an rli organised match well thats what i'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 BoboDub

I was there for the full day and I'd say around 1000 was right- around 250 were there for the schools game and most of them left before the full international because of the long delay between games (I didn't really understand that - I would have had them much closer), with around 700 or so for the full match.

Advertisement