Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant Boxes on Headford Road wrecked last night

Options
  • 19-10-2010 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭

Driving to work early this morning and noticed that someone during the night had a go at wrecking some of the decorative plant boxes that are in the central reservation on the Headford Road beside Dunnes Terryland. Flowers, shrubs and clay from a few of the boxes ripped out and on the ground.

Serious buzzers :rolleyes:!! So cool and not at all sad if that's how they get their kicks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

maybe a car hit them by accident. could that be it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Bet the idiots were just copying this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAeO5fo1DPQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

KevR wrote: »
    Driving to work early this morning and noticed that someone during the night had a go at wrecking some of the decorative plant boxes that are in the central reservation on the Headford Road beside Dunnes Terryland. Flowers, shrubs and clay from a few of the boxes ripped out and on the ground.

Serious buzzers :rolleyes:!! So cool and not at all sad if that's how they get their kicks.

The town seemed to be heaving with Gardai last night. There was a speed trap at the back of Windsor motors on the dual carriageway and I was stopped twice in town at seperate check points in the space of 20 minutes. There was also a Garda van touring around with three cops in the front seat. Seemed odd for a quiet monday night to see so many of them out and about. Was there something on in town????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

no cars didn't hit them. The big shrubs were pulled right out of the boxes and left beside the boxes. Clay everywhere outside the boxes. This is outside Dun/Gort na Corribe.

oh, ok - apologies.

I don't understand random acts of vandalism. Sadly tho, the poorer this country gets, the worse it is going to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

This is actually the second time in two weeks that this has been done.
    The trees/shrubs were pulled out of most of the boxes last week and the Council had to put them back together.
    Then I noticed this morning that every one of them was done.
    The name of the company that created the boxes in on the side of them and I wouldn't be at all surprised if someone has a grudge against that company!!! ;)
    But maybe they don't realise that it's the council who have to tidy them up!
    In any case, it's a very childish act of vandalism - idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Predalien wrote: »
    Bet the idiots were just copying this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAeO5fo1DPQ

That's exactly what I thought myself. I was on Sandy Road last night and there were 3 students walking around hammered with their shirts off they'd be my number 1 suspects!

Don't those things cost the city a truck load of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Don't those things cost the city a truck load of money?

Yep. €150 a pop in rent. A-ssholes.

http://www.galwaynews.ie/9217-end-flower-show-200-boxes-go?mini=all_news/2009/11/all&

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭apoeiguq3094y

The town seemed to be heaving with Gardai last night. There was a speed trap at the back of Windsor motors on the dual carriageway and I was stopped twice in town at seperate check points in the space of 20 minutes. There was also a Garda van touring around with three cops in the front seat. Seemed odd for a quiet monday night to see so many of them out and about. Was there something on in town????

I know graduation is on this week in NUIG, which would lead to more crowds going out in town, and a heavier Garda presence in town, but I don't know why they would have so many check points round town. Maybe for drink driving?

I went home at lunch time then and they are all repaired.

• Advertisement

Sniipe wrote: »
    I went home at lunch time then and they are all repaired.

At even more cost to the tax payer. Rabble Rabble Rabble...

hey! I pay my motor tax and I'm entitled to my lunch!! gosh darn it.

but yeah - they were fixed pretty swiftly. Perhaps by a caring citizen? Batman?

hey! I pay my motor tax and I'm entitled to my lunch!! gosh darn it.

Everytime you go on your lunch break it costs me Joe Q Public...How dare you sir..how dare you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Or long-suffering council workers who have to fix up stuff like this all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

but at least has a full-time job... :)

(not supporting the fact that this was obviously a wanton and mindless act of vandalism):P

EDIT: This was meant to be in reply to Justmary's post, and no, I don't find mindless vandalism entertaining, I have never done it myself. Wasn't having the craic either, it was just meant to take the sting out of the previous comment I made. apologies if this is still incomprehensible to you (jkforde)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

spender.j wrote: »
    what's your point?
    (not supporting the fact that this was obviously a wanton and mindless act of vandalism):P
    why the funny face? is drunken\mindless\era-sure-just-havein'-the-craic vandalism entertaining? or were you just having the craic?

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

EDIT: This was meant to be in reply to Justmary's post, and no, I don't find mindless vandalism entertaining, I have never done it myself. Wasn't having the craic either, it was just meant to take the sting out of the previous comment I made. apologies if this is still incomprehensible to you (jkforde)

I guess you don't have a full time job? bitter? It's a waste of our tax money having to have the council tidying up after a bunch of morons.

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I guess you don't have a full time job? bitter? It's a waste of our tax money having to have the council tidying up after a bunch of morons.

how many of them did it take to fix them - one to actually do it and four or five to stand around looking at him, leaning on shovels with their ass*s hanging out :D:D

Advertisement