Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo dies at 30th birthday party in Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ashmac wrote: »
    Zuroph said You think if you hadnt called the Ispca that they wouldnt know about this incident?
    (sorry dont know how to do those quote things)
    In fact...the ISPCA in Longford did NOT know about the incident when i phoned them!! so i did not waste time.
    what is wrong with you people??

what the hell are longford branch going to do about a kagaroo in Dublin?! The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

and..it was the Dspca that was called...as in Dublin SPCA, the ISPCA is nationwide which is more appropriate in this case because they are for sale in Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

ashmac wrote: »
    and..it was the Dspca that was called...as in Dublin SPCA, the ISPCA is nationwide which is more appropriate in this case because they are for sale in Cavan.

for sale perfectly legally. did you also inform them about all the puppies for sale, the cats, the goldfish, the livestock?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

un boggle it and read up. ISPCA is nationwide..have i said this already?? the link i sent is a start (which i said already) to get some legislation about animal welfare in ..the next step is to get it in about exotics we hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

Oh god they have the video on TV3 News :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Scumbags.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Should be on tv3 news in a few mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I just saw the video and news report of this on tv3 news. I actually burst into tears when I saw it. Absolutely horrific. They interviewed the birthday guy - he claims to have known nothing about it. The video footage is very disturbing, its blatant cruelty. I really do not understand what kind of a sick mind would think that there was anything funny about terrifying an animal this way. Sick sick people. That footage has left me very disturbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I just saw the video and news report of this on tv3 news. I actually burst into tears when I saw it. Absolutely horrific. They interviewed the birthday guy - he claims to have known nothing about it. The video footage is very disturbing, its blatant cruelty. I really do not understand what kind of a sick mind would think that there was anything funny about terrifying an animal this way. Sick sick people. That footage has left me very disturbed.

+1 I just saw it on RTE News. I didn't plan on seeing that video, I can't handle watching anything like that but it was on when I turned on the TV. I'm so disgusted at what I saw. And to that idiot that thought it was funny to pretend to shag the kangaroo, that's probably the nearest thing to shagging anything he'll ever get. Fcuking idiot :mad: I'm so angry after seeing that. I hope to God someone gets in major trouble over this. Poor animal. Is it definite that it died?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

I can't believe they showed the footage on the news, but hopefully it will bring those responsible to justice. What a horrible, horrible thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

I would like to put them in an enclosed cage, with an angry fully grown kangaroo.
    Some people do not deserve to exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Here is the link to the video from RTE News earlier. It makes me sick the poor thing must of been terrified. What complete and utter low life scum to treat an animal in such a degrading manner :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

That is horrific, that poor animal. I can't believe they don't know where he is, whether he is alive or not. I am so sick of these stories.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

It worries me to see things like this get such publicity. I fear it will give other sickos ideas. And obviously there are alot of sickos out there cause that nightclub was packed an no-one seemed to try and help that poor defenceless animal:( How could it be that not one person stepped in to stop what was happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Snip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I think the bloke who's party it was who they interviewed on TV3 knows a lot more than he's letting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Snip

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    To be fair the kangaroo was 30, he was very old for a kangaroo.
    to be fair to who exactly??????
    to be fair the kangaroo was 30 so that makes it ok ?? whats the point in your post:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

pokertalk wrote: »
    whats the point in your post:confused:
    Ignore that stupid remark. Theres a similar thread over in After Hours with equally as ignorant remarks so dont rise to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Shazanne wrote: »
    How could it be that not one person stepped in to stop what was happening?

I wondered that myself. The only conclusion I can come to is that the place was packed, people were drunk and it was a very sudden thing that happened and people didnt know what the hell was going on. Either that or the entire crew of that party were ignorant scumbags who just think animal cruelty is funny.

I really just do not get it - how could ANYONE think that that was an acceptable, much less funny, thing to do. Im still completely horrified by that footage. It was so bloody mindless - it just makes me feel sick.

• Advertisement

Snip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

to be fair to who exactly??????
    to be fair the kangaroo was 30 so that makes it ok ?? whats the point in your post:confused:

he was having a joke at the thread title, it sounds like the kangaroo had a heartattack at his own 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭rorymcgrory

Snip.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'd love if they were able to not pixelate out your man's head so everyone who knows him knows what a scumbag he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Rockery Woman

The thing is - it was a 30th Birthday Party. Not some lads 18th.... Some people really need to grow up.

If it was an 18th, at least you could say they were dumb, kids, eejits, niave....

But 30 year olds - baffles me!:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I know its has been asked before but i have to ask again where in the hell would you get a kangaroo? and then finally what idiot would think it is funny to bring it to a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It is part of a new trend, like the stealing of penguins etc. Nuala O'Donlon seemed pretty sure about where it had come from on Liveline.

The Gardai are always saying that they cannot act due to a lack of evidence - there is plenty here.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

just heard the very end of the ak phoneshow. the guy who organised it was on i only got about the last 30 seconds of the show . the roo seems to be doing fine now

Does anyone know if the wallaby is still alive or not?

There are so many different reports, some saying he is fine, others that DSPCA got him and he later died and others that he was given drugs and alcohol and he died.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

just heard the very end of the ak phoneshow. the guy who organised it was on i only got about the last 30 seconds of the show . the roo seems to be doing fine now

So he is alive? :confused:

Advertisement