Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Customer satisfaction Yay..

Options
  • 19-10-2010 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

I was in Island sports in Castlebar yesterday and was more than pleased with the friendly service. Damn nice fella. I had his head wrecked trying on boots and wellingtons:D After that he brought me into the gunroom on his own accord (not like a dealer I know in Galway:rolleyes:) Seen a lovely Beretta Al391 that I must have maybe next year. All in all a great service and not expensive by any means and I'm a hard Fu**er to please:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats good to see, a shopowner that will take the time to see a customer right whether it's a pair of wellies for 80 or a firearm for a couple of k.
    Thats how repeat business is generated and kept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Ah, y'see, IF you'd bought the gun you might have gotten the wellies thrown in for good will.

As it is you'll have paid twice..... ;=)

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

kay 9 wrote: »
    I was in Island sports in Castlebar yesterday and was more than pleased with the friendly service. Damn nice fella. I had his head wrecked trying on boots and wellingtons:D After that he brought me into the gunroom on his own accord (not like a dealer I know in Galway:rolleyes:) Seen a lovely Beretta Al391 that I must have maybe next year. All in all a great service and not expensive by any means and I'm a hard Fu**er to please:D

There grand alrite but I find Tommy Kelly in Lahardane miles better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

kermitpwee wrote: »
    There grand alrite but I find Tommy Kelly in Lahardane miles better.
    Where is Lahardane:confused: Some day I'm free I might take a spin Tommys way.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

And honestly this is pure coincidence but John at Island Sports has his new display website almost finished, so a good time although a little early to let you fella's know about it, and here it is.... www.islandsports.ie

Please be patient as info is still being loaded ( prices and pics still missing & bits need tweaking) but hopefully finished this week:)

Just a second thought being as it is you lot who it is for....Suggestions on what you would like to see that isnt already included, then it may be possible to include them:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I would concur, I went in originally a couple of years ago to see if they had clays - we were having fun in the bog on my daughter's fiance's farm and such was the fun that we used the box of clays I'd brought down:D

I thought the shop was very impressive and the service excellent. I usually call in for a browse every time we are down now. They are always up for a chat and there is no hard sell:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Where is Lahardane:confused: Some day I'm free I might take a spin Tommys way.

Its about 7 miles from crossmolina and 15-20 from castlebar. Best to give him a ring to tell him your coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Well put together site fodda, pity some of the other traders wouldnt take notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭smallfry

Island Sports has always been my first stop for gear, I do have their heads melted as well...
    The site looks good but nothin beats callin into the shop for a look.
    I defy anyone into their shootin not to find something they'd love to have.

smallfry

homerhop wrote: »
    Well put together site fodda, pity some of the other traders wouldnt take notice.

Well we tried to make it so it was what shooters and anglers wanted.....we will see how it goes and change and add anything that needs to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Site looks well. Is it going to be possible to order online and have ammunition and the like posted? Will be good to see more comprehensive ranges and price lists too.

Site looks well. Is it going to be possible to order online and have ammunition and the like posted? Will be good to see more comprehensive ranges and price lists too.

John has told me that he does a home delivery service which i did enter on the site. Prices and description of goods will be entered as soon as we can get together which should be within a week and most of his range will be listed after this time ( i just wondered around the shop taking pics and listing what turned out ok).

A special will be a weekly updated listings of sale items and used guns with prices.....pics arent really possible with used guns because of the fast turnover.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Excellent. If the prices are competitive, home delivery is a great idea. plenty of us have difficulty getting time to get to RFDs, who might be a long way away for the stuff we want, and as such, if we can get it delivered at a time we'll be home to accept the delivery, we're likely to avail of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

[QUOTE=..Suggestions on what you would like to see that isnt already included, then it may be possible to include them:)[/QUOTE]

1 suggestion would be to display the Opening times ?

Good point...i will as soon as i know myself:o

Advertisement