Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

school uniform question

Options
  • 19-10-2010 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I could get a school crest embroidered onto a jersey sweat top? Can they copy it from another top with one of those clever scanning machines?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

If memory serves I believe shops were prohibited from doing this, so you had to be an official school top. That may have changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

Some schools have the crest on its own and can be bought in the school uniform shops. Then get somebody to put it on

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

sasmac wrote: »
    Some schools have the crest on its own and can be bought in the school uniform shops. Then get somebody to put it on
    Not this particular school unfortunatley!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

there's a guy has started a new business beside the church on the main street in bray doing exactly that

• Advertisement

damian139 wrote: »
    there's a guy has started a new business beside the church on the main street in bray doing exactly that
    Thanks for that info! Where exactly is his shop? (I doubt it is near the actual school uniform shop?!)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

Greystoner wrote: »
    Thanks for that info! Where exactly is his shop? (I doubt it is near the actual school uniform shop?!)

Thanks.
    If it's the same shop I recollect visiting for my daughter, it's in an alleyway down on the left of the church :- walk up to the church, look left and you'll see the alley.

It's a bit hidden and obscure, you might be tempted to tell your child it's a bit like Ollivanders (if she's old enough to know what Ollivanders is, of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

actually its very close to that shop, yeah!
    its run by a chap who used work there,an asian gent

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

I found kitting my Son out for school extremely frustrating, how do these shops get away with charging €30 or so for a jumper you can buy in Marks and Sparks for €4.50??
    I was told you can't get teh crest seperatly, so you had no choice but to pay through teh nose for jumpers and tracksuits in the "official shop".
    I think teh Schools should be more pro-active about this too, people can no longer afford this kind of nonesence.
    But ofcourse being Irish we just pay over rather than make a fuss!!

Two Boys wrote: »
    I found kitting my Son out for school extremely frustrating, how do these shops get away with charging €30 or so for a jumper you can buy in Marks and Sparks for €4.50??
    I was told you can't get teh crest seperatly, so you had no choice but to pay through teh nose for jumpers and tracksuits in the "official shop".
    I think teh Schools should be more pro-active about this too, people can no longer afford this kind of nonesence.
    But ofcourse being Irish we just pay over rather than make a fuss!!

Exactly why I am trying to get it done this way. (3 tracksuits for school at E35 each, I don't think so!)

Vote with your feet people!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Greystoner wrote: »
    Exactly why I am trying to get it done this way. (3 tracksuits for school at E35 each, I don't think so!)

Vote with your feet people!!!!

If your school will let you do this (Sew on your own crest) you should, my sons school won't.
    He has lots of trousers and shirts but I refused to get more than one jumper, one tracksuit (so have to be vigilent with my washing!)
    I thnk teh schools need to make a stand, they can take their business away from these shops who are intent on ripping everone off. They would soon reduce their prices.
    My Sister in teh UK was appaled when I told her how much I had to pay, she said people there would simply not stand for it.
    I got teh feeling from most people I mentioned it to, that they felt I was making a fuss and being a bit tight. But is so far from teh point.
    I don't mind spending Money, I just hate wasting it and Hate Hate Hate being ripped off

damian139 wrote: »
    actually its very close to that shop, yeah!
    its run by a chap who used work there,an asian gent

Found the shop, thanks for that info.

Finally got round to getting two tops embroidered. The plain tops cost me E3 each in Tesco and the embroidery E5 a piece (so saved a fortune!).

Perfect job done, so thought I would shout it out to everyone else incase they were thinking about getting it done too!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Brilliant!!

Will certainly be using this service next year :)

Advertisement