Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels in Mayo

Options
  • 19-10-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi! Wonder if any of you have any recommendations regarding Dog Kennels in Mayo. Just found out our regular lady - Beth in Cnoc na Gaoithe Shraheens is closed for November. We've used another couple around Mayo (with less confidence) than the above - but wondered if there's any place we've been missing. Also does anyone have a contact for dog walkers in this area - the story being we're away for 3 nights and want our Retriever and King Charles to be warm, walked fed and watered! Appreciate any help guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

What part of Mayo? I used a kennels for one night before in Ballina, it was only one night, they seemed happy enough when I collected them. Cant even remember how much we paid. It was Ballina Kennels on the Crossmolina Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Thanks Tillygirl! - that was actally the kennel in which our Retriever was bred! Molly 'boarded' there once since and was very traumatised when she came out!! - Is probably fine - but a little busy as there seems to be a lot of breeding going on there! thanks for replying!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I didnt know they bred there, is it registered, all done for the good of the dog and the breed or is it just popping out as many puppies as possible?

I am going to need to use a kennels in Ballina/Foxford next year for a night as I'll be out all day at my sisters wedding so will keep an eye on this for some recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Thanks Tillygirl! - that was actally the kennel in which our Retriever was bred! Molly 'boarded' there once since and was very traumatised when she came out!! - Is probably fine - but a little busy as there seems to be a lot of breeding going on there! thanks for replying!

Thats funny I boarded my cat there once and she came out even more traumatised than usual, usually she's ok after a few hours of coming home but she was still off a few days later after coming home from there. I put it down to all the dogs barking and scaring her though. As far as I know he's also the dog warden so that would explain all the dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Have nice private one
    if im away for a couple of days i bring him to them
    Nice people and the dog loves them
    Dogs heaven
    Fairfield lwer
    Moygownach
    Crossmolina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

Have nice private one
    if im away for a couple of days i bring him to them
    Nice people and the dog loves them
    Dogs heaven
    Fairfield lwer
    Moygownach
    Crossmolina

thanks X-molina lad!! I never heard of them - but I'll hold onto that for future reference!!
    cheers! (lahardanegirl)

Advertisement