Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels in Mayo

Options
  • 19-10-2010 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Hi! Wonder if any of you have any recommendations regarding Dog Kennels in Mayo. Just found out our regular lady - Beth in Cnoc na Gaoithe Shraheens is closed for November. We've used another couple around Mayo (with less confidence) than the above - but wondered if there's any place we've been missing. Also does anyone have a contact for dog walkers in this area - the story being we're away for 3 nights and want our Retriever and King Charles to be warm, walked fed and watered! Appreciate any help guys!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Massbrook Kennels near Foxford used to look after my k9 very efficiently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 murf 1990

Hi! Wonder if any of you have any recommendations regarding Dog Kennels in Mayo. Just found out our regular lady - Beth in Cnoc na Gaoithe Shraheens is closed for November. We've used another couple around Mayo (with less confidence) than the above - but wondered if there's any place we've been missing. Also does anyone have a contact for dog walkers in this area - the story being we're away for 3 nights and want our Retriever and King Charles to be warm, walked fed and watered! Appreciate any help guys!!

is that for the human up ur part of the world

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

murf 1990 wrote: »
    is that for the human up ur part of the world

hmmmm?

nuac wrote: »
    Massbrook Kennels near Foxford used to look after my k9 very efficiently.

Cheers ..... found them a bit stand offish. But thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

there is place in westport i know of. if its not too far away.

• Advertisement

irishgeo wrote: »
    there is place in westport i know of. if its not too far away.

Have booked them, Lodge vetinary hospital .... sounded great on the phone. Here's hoping!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i know the guy who own that place, he is from achill. he is brilliant with animals.The neighbours left the dogs with them,when they went away to Glasgow. they no bother at all.

irishgeo wrote: »
    i know the guy who own that place, he is from achill. he is brilliant with animals.The neighbours left the dogs with them,when they went away to Glasgow. they no bother at all.

Cheers Irishgeo! Just what I wanted to hear - i feel so guilty every time i leave them - just want it as nice as possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Have booked them, Lodge vetinary hospital .... sounded great on the phone. Here's hoping!

Cheers!

Gentleman to deal with and the staff seem to know what they are at as well. good with dogs and it's a nice enclosed area they have. I wouldn't bring my dog anywhere else to be looked after.

Gentleman to deal with and the staff seem to know what they are at as well. good with dogs and it's a nice enclosed area they have. I wouldn't bring my dog anywhere else to be looked after.

Thanks Bob - feeling very positive about it now! Very reassuring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Ballina Boarding Kennels is a very good kennels and I have been leaving my little Jack Russel in there for the last eleven years or so and she loves it. Highly recommend them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 thechick

i regularly leave my dog in the lodge road vets, she is a very nervous dog, but when i let her out of the car, she actually runs straight in and into the vets arms!

its a lovely facility, and they dont take too many dogs so its great!

i know if i leave her with the guys in there she will be looked after, and theres a extra reassurance that if she gets sick she'll get immediate attention!

Advertisement