Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No LAN or internet connection after install new motherboard

Options
  • 19-10-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi lads
    Well I got my new pc yesterday and spent most of the night installing the CPU cooler and fan and then the software. The only problem I have now is no connection to the Internet the erternet cable is in place I know the router is working as my old pc was connected to it and worked fine. I installed the software that came with the motherboard and I checked and reinstalled the network card. There is I green light in the connection when I reboot but it is off when the pc is fully started.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

u may have to turn on the onboard lan in the bios although this is unusual. usually just reboot and hold down the del key to access the bios where u can check the settings.
    also sometimes when u load drivers they become corrupt and its necessary to uninstall them before you reinstall them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jackman1

Thanks for that I will try that now.

Advertisement