Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Socket

Options
  • 19-10-2010 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Has anyone successfully moved the NTL socket in the living room? I live in a duplex and the socket is located on one side of the false chimney breast but I have the TV on the other.

I'm now considering moving to NTL but don't want to have a cable running around the fireplace to the TV.

Is it a simple job? I'm generally good with DIY and have already moved the plug that was below it, but have not messed with NTL cables before. I was wondering if they are just normal tv cables and if not where would I get the parts?

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

You simply need digital coax, 2 f connectors and poss f barrel.
    Run the cable round as you choose, attach f connector on each end. Screw one connector to the NTL tv point and the other end to your NTL box.
    It is very easy. I have even seen the connectors for sale at super quinine (although crazy overpriced) about 5 euro for two last I saw. Trade price is 10cent each.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

thanks JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

i called ntl out to move the box to other side of chimney, assuming they'd take off skirting boards and run cable under it. But they don't do anything like that so he left the cable and i did it myself. 50e call out charge though. No more nails on skirting and beading around chimney so easy off easy back on.

Advertisement