Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options
  • 19-10-2010 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

Gardaí are investigating an incident in which an animal, believed to be a kangaroo, was released onto the dance floor of a hotel in Dublin on Saturday night.
    The incident took place during a 30th birthday party at the Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley in Dublin.
    Video footage shows a man picking up and swinging the animal while the theme tune to 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' is played in the background.
    Hotel management and the Dublin Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals have said they are horrified by the incident.
    Gardaí say they are investigating reports that the animal died following the incident.
    General Manager of the hotel, Garret Marrinan, said that they became aware of the incident when the manager on duty noticed a commotion on the dance floor.
    When he went to investigate he saw what he believed was a large dog and instructed security to remove it.
    By the time security arrived the animal and the box it was in had disappeared.
    He said the hotel did not know it was a kangaroo until they were contacted by gardaí yesterday.
    The hotel has passed on CCTV footage of the incident to help gardaí with their investigation.

Link:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1019/kangaroo.html

This is a pretty disgusting story...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

That was one party he should have 'skipped'..........

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Ah it'll bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

jesus the media are gona hop onto this!

(the people at that party are c.unts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

Fucking idiots.

You don't let a wild animal out on a dance floor with flashing lights and loud music. Mainly beacause the wild animal might, I dunno, kill somebody.

Poor Kangeroo, but on the bright side, at least nobody got hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

That happens all the time in Australia:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Jaysus, I was hopping he wouldn't die :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

it'll bounce right back wont it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,499 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

it's not all bad. Kangaroo steak is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

well you know what they say, if you cant take inbreed gap toothed knackers to Australia, take Australia to the inbreed gap toothed knackres.

On a side note, how the hell do you get your hands on a kangaroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....doesn't say anything about him being killed in the article...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

This was been spoken about in the Penny Hill on Sunday. I put it down to drunk talk and pish. Ah well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

What was that Skip? There's a Joey on the dancefloor? :eek::eek::eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Poor animal, was listening to this on the wireless on my lunchbreak.. Infuriating stuff.. apparently some genius was simulating sex acts on the poor creature and everything.. People can be so retarded :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

Nodin wrote: »

and only says its believed to be a Kangaroo too, could have been a dog with funny ears and an aussie accent

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Am I the only one thinking who the hell brings a kangaroo to a party?

Looks like that kangaroo was barking up the wrong.................D'oh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Saila wrote: »
    and only says its believed to be a Kangaroo too, could have been a dog with funny ears and an aussie accent

I heard it was an upside down hare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

it's not all bad. Kangaroo steak is lovely

Depends on whos cooking it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

Nodin wrote: »
    This would mean to me alledgedly killed or did it just OD on pills...
    Gardaí say they are investigating reports that the animal died following the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

The Aussie wrote: »

Fota Wildlife park must be in financial trouble....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Fucking idiots.

You don't let a wild animal out on a dance floor with flashing lights and loud music. Mainly beacause the wild animal might, I dunno, kill somebody.

Poor Kangeroo, but on the bright side, at least nobody got hurt.

I highly doubt it was a Kangaroo. Maybe a wallaby.

A kangaroo would **** up everyone on that dance floor and then come back for seconds.

There would be no survivors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Video footage shows a man picking up and swinging the animal while the theme tune to 'Skippy the Bush Kangaroo' is played in the background

Ok,admittedly, i've never seen a real life kangaroo, let alone try to pick one up and swing it round, but would the kangaroo not give someone an almighty kick if they tried to grab it?

Also, the RTE website now says about "mistreatment of a kangaroo", not that it was alledgedly killed..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

kangaroos are pretty big and powerful, i doubt someone would be able to simulate a sex act on one, one kick from a frightened roo and there would be a seriously injured or dead person.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Jumpy wrote: »
    I highly doubt it was a Kangaroo. Maybe a wallaby.

A kangaroo would **** up everyone on that dance floor and then come back for seconds.

There would be no survivors.

Well you should know JUMPY;)

On a serious note though I can't help thinking that would've been a happier scenario for humankind.

It's hard enough to understand when you hear about kids or disturbed teenagers torturing animals for fun but what the hell was wrong with a whole party of adults that no one stood up and said "stop, this is f****** wrong and disgusting". The thought of people who thinking stimulating sex acts on an animal and killing it is party entertainment are the kind of people we could do without in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Hoppnig mad been done yet?

Well you should know JUMPY;)

On a serious note though I can't help thinking that would've been a happier scenario for humankind.

It's hard enough to understand when you hear about kids or disturbed teenagers torturing animals for fun but what the hell was wrong with a whole party of adults that no one stood up and said "stop, this is f****** wrong and disgusting". The thought of people who thinking stimulating sex acts on an animal and killing it is party entertainment are the kind of people we could do without in my opinion.

I know. I am an Aussie. Incidentally I have been kicked by a small one. Put me on my arse. It wanted my food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Thought they were pretty mad things: pity it didn't attack one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

The Aussie wrote: »

You of all people should know that first you need to tie your kangaroo down mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Apparently it had a heart attack. Dodgy ticker thumper apparently...

/ gets coat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

and killing it is party entertainment are the kind of people we could do without in my opinion.

They killed it!?!?

Advertisement