Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I'm happy that the Clarion is getting this type of publicity, maybe they'll stop being knacker friendly after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I don't think it's bad publicity for Ireland as such. I mean when the video was going 'round about the cat in the bin did you think to yourself 'English Scummers' or just 'Scummer'?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

makes me sick I hope these scumbags come back in the next life as a baby kangaroo get abused and nearly scared to death.
    I hope they all had a good laugh sad, sad lives they live
    SOME DECENT HUMAN SHOULD HAVE STEP IN PUT A BLANKET AROUND THAT POOR BABIE PROTECT ANIMALS
    I WOULD NOT LET THEM NEAR MY KIDS SICK BASTARDS GOD KNOWS WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO A CHILD IF THERE WAS ONE AT THE PARTY

that poor living creature was treated like a toy (a rag doll) disgraceful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pancho Sanchez

Jesus i just saw the video and i must say that I didnt think it was all half bad,The Roo didnt die,He wasnt given any narcotics,and he did not piss and **** all over the place.he made it home very early to his master who gave him a nice cup of tea and gave him the following day off ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

It is fairly bad but if it was a goldfish that died people wouldn't give a ****, go figure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

123balltv wrote: »
    makes me sick I hope these scumbags come back in the next life as a baby kangaroo get abused and nearly scared to death.
    I hope they all had a good laugh sad, sad lives they live
    SOME DECENT HUMAN SHOULD HAVE STEP IN PUT A BLANKET AROUND THAT POOR BABIE PROTECT ANIMALS
    I WOULD NOT LET THEM NEAR MY KIDS SICK BASTARDS GOD KNOWS WHAT THEY WOULD DO TO A CHILD IF THERE WAS ONE AT THE PARTY

that poor living creature was treated like a toy (a rag doll) disgraceful

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ShumanTheHuman

Disco Roo likes to boogaloo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

The Aussie wrote: »
    Having worked on the door for to long now, if it got past the dozy tools out front, the bar staff and the doormen near the Dance Floor it should have certainly been spotted by the eyes in the sky.

So i will go beyond speculation and call the venue negligent.

Having worked in hotels, while all would have cctv, I don't think any would have staff with the fulltime duty of watching the cctv. Perhaps dublin is different? Generally it is recorded 24/7 and is used as evidence, rather then acted on immediately. Or if the dutymanager suspect something is up they will watch it on a screen in the back office/reception showing the live footage, but the staff would be doing other duties, rather then watching the cctv fulltime.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Surely not all the people at that party or in the hotel in general were scumbags. Why didnt one of them ring the ISPCA or the guards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Somebody somewhere must have the unblurred version, surprised its not on youtube yet. :mad:

The only way to get action about this is to keep piling on the bad publicity for the hotel and make the story international in order to shame them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

gazzer wrote: »
    Surely not all the people at that party or in the hotel in general were scumbags. Why didnt one of them ring the ISPCA or the guards?

Because they were all scumbags. It was a scobe birthday bash.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

phill106 wrote: »
    Having worked in hotels, while all would have cctv, I don't think any would have staff with the fulltime duty of watching the cctv. Perhaps dublin is different? Generally it is recorded 24/7 and is used as evidence, rather then acted on immediately. Or if the dutymanager suspect something is up they will watch it on a screen in the back office/reception showing the live footage, but the staff would be doing other duties, rather then watching the cctv fulltime.

Yeh that was put up before it came out that it was actually at the Clarion hotel, it was suggested before that it was in a Pub, so different set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Has anyone noticed a bit of inconsistency in what the Clarion have been saying?

"By the time he got down through the crowd, the animal and the box were gone. We had no idea where it came in or how it got out of the hotel."
    - Hotel manager Garret Marrinan talking to sky.

Same chap chatting to the IT:

"We had a 30th birthday here in the hotel with between 150 and 200 guests and at about 11pm at night the duty manager noticed a group of people hovering on the dance floor. He went to investigate and noticed some kind of a strange animal coming out of a box and shortly after going back into it... "He wasn't sure what it was exactly but, because we have a no pets policy in the hotel, [he] called security who forced the people who brought the box in to take it out of the hotel."

Call me pedantic, but there is a difference between an animal being smuggled in and out of the hotel, staff telling people to get it out, or (as they should have done) taking charge of the situation and reporting the incident to Gardaí immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jimi_t2

I think people are missing the salient point here;

If someone has the ability and wherewithal to smuggle a large, exotic animal into the country and THEN make him the highlight of a drug fuelled party at booked out hotel in West Dublin, then presumably you don't want to be ****ing with this person.

Animal Cruelty or not, if I was working in that hotel on the night my eyes would be firmly pointed toward the ground. If you don't see anything then you can't be subpoenaed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It is fairly bad but if it was a goldfish that died people wouldn't give a ****, go figure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charismatic_megafauna :pac:

They should have just killed a rat or pigeon.

jimi_t2 wrote: »

If someone has the ability and wherewithal to smuggle a large, exotic animal into the country and THEN make him the highlight of a drug fuelled party at booked out hotel in West Dublin, then presumably you don't want to be ****ing with this person.

Animal Cruelty or not, if I was working in that hotel on the night my eyes would be firmly pointed toward the ground. If you don't see anything then you can't be subpoenaed.

TBH, you don't need to be a genius or a hard man to find a down-on-his luck circus owner or trainer, pay him to lend the wallaby out, stuff it in a box* and open it on the dancefloor. You just need to a f***ing idiot, and a bit sick.

They're not that big - that's why people thought it was a baby kangaroo initially.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jimi_t2 wrote: »

So when you witness injustice the best thing is to ignore it to avoid having to give evidence that will punish the perpetrators?
    That's a little cowardly isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

I really hope these 'murderers' get a long sentence, chances are it will trun into a Kangaroo court..... :(

Now I know Wikipedia contain some errors but I'm pretty sure that their definition of murder is correct. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder

I've eaten wallaby meat so with your logic I mind do you consider me a cannibal ?

PS - Wallaby steak was nice, better than dog meat but horse steak I actually enjoyed more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

I fully expect to see this in the paper in the morning.

Well done to everyone who writes to the Clarion and asks them to forward their disgust to Mr Byrne so he can forward it to his mate who he sees fit to cliam no knowledge of. I knew everyone at my 30th Im sure he knew everyone at his.

This story has sickened me. I drive by these animals daily the thought and sight of what went on is truly disgusting.

Sure there are worse things happening but that does not excuse or nullify what he/they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Apparently the DSPCA are looking into sources which this morning suggested the wallaby is still alive. Fingers crossed. Really upset for the poor thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

oceanclub wrote: »
    Acccording to this news report:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/kangaroo-died-hours-after-being-released-at-30th-party-in-hotel-2385213.html

Now, it would have to be an amazing DJ who would just happened to have the theme music to Skippy lying around and then also had the speed to whip it out and play when he realised it was a kangaroo that appeared.

So I'm assuming s/he was in on the act.

P.

i want the name of that F-ing dj!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Compudaro wrote: »
    Apparently the DSPCA are looking into sources which this morning suggested the wallaby is still alive. Fingers crossed. Really upset for the poor thing.

Hopefully it is, I'd say it's fairly mentally scarred after that ordeal though.. I don't think the English dictionary can offer a word to describe these pieces of sh1t that did this.. And unfortunately with the season that's in it we're probably going to hear more stories just as nauseating if not more so than this in the coming week or so.. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

steddyeddy wrote: »
    i want the name of that F-ing dj!!

GREAT point, unless he was using a laptop and just youtubed or downloaded the theme. Somebody HAS to know something about this. Has the nearby circus definitely been ruled out of the equation?

Compudaro wrote: »
    GREAT point, unless he was using a laptop and just youtubed or downloaded the theme. Somebody HAS to know something about this. Has the nearby circus definitely been ruled out of the equation?

Certainly not. They've denied that they would ever let an animal near a nightclub.

Erm.....

And have charming form (earlier in the thread) for using their animals as PR stunts.

The people who did this are scumbags, but I'd be disgusted if everyone just goes for them without taking a long hard look at the circus and how the Clarion handled it (as posted earlier, the manager has contradicted himself several times already).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Zambia232 wrote: »
    This story has sickened me. I drive by these animals daily the thought and sight of what went on is truly disgusting.

You drive through Clondalkin, every day?

Just saw the news clip on the TV3 site with the steroid headed freak whose birthday party it was getting interviewed. If he is 30 then I am looking brilliant for 39

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    mate thought it would be funny to get a monkey to make an appearance
    mate approached Sydney Circus after a show and asked the a trainer if they could have a monkey for a birthday.
    trainer said ok, 250 quid.
    5 friends banded together and and gave 50 each.
    1 hour before the birthday trainer rang and said he couldn't get a monkey. but he had a wallaby(not a kangaroo, different animals)
    trainer arrived with wallaby in a box.
    went into party, music started
    wallaby was taken out of the box for about 5 mins and kinda just stood there,
    idiot picked it up and danced with it/ simulated a sex act
    wallaby was put back in the box and brought back to circus by trainer.
    wallaby performed the next night as usual.

these are the fact according to, guy who hired the wallaby, trainer and a few witnesses at the party. anything beyond this is just made up by the red tops and sky news to sell a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ankaragucu

Judging by some of the moronic replies to this thread its no wonder something like this happened in the first place.

Scumbags.

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    mate approached Sydney Circus after a show and asked the a trainer if they could have a monkey for a birthday.
    1 hour before the birthday trainer rang and said he couldn't get a monkey. but he had a wallaby(not a kangaroo, different animals)

these are the fact according to, guy who hired the wallaby, trainer and a few witnesses at the party. anything beyond this is just made up by the red tops and sky news to sell a story.

Do you have any evidence of this or that you were there? TBH, trainer sounds like a f***ing scumbag.

• Advertisement

seanmc1980 wrote: »

guy had a 30th.

Who would think that is funny to bring a monkey to a party?
    The DJ just happened to have Skippy in his dj collection?
    Can think of a few stronger words than idiot to describe the gimp who agreed to have a wallabie at the party. Why didnt any of the other party goers do something about it?
    Hope it is true that the poor animal is alive.

Advertisement