Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    mate thought it would be funny to get a monkey to make an appearance
    mate approached Sydney Circus after a show and asked the a trainer if they could have a monkey for a birthday.
    trainer said ok, 250 quid.
    5 friends banded together and and gave 50 each.
    1 hour before the birthday trainer rang and said he couldn't get a monkey. but he had a wallaby(not a kangaroo, different animals)
    trainer arrived with wallaby in a box.
    went into party, music started
    wallaby was taken out of the box for about 5 mins and kinda just stood there,
    idiot picked it up and danced with it/ simulated a sex act
    wallaby was put back in the box and brought back to circus by trainer.
    wallaby performed the next night as usual.

these are the fact according to, guy who hired the wallaby, trainer and a few witnesses at the party. anything beyond this is just made up by the red tops and sky news to sell a story.

Oh so it was a monkey they intended on hiring! Well that's grand then, monkeys are known for enjoying scanger birthdays. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Are we sure this was a 30th birthday party and not just a scumbag convention?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭seanmc1980

Adrian Kennedy had all involved all radio last night, sounded like total idiots by all accounts, called himself Mick dundee cos he get animals for all his mates partys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I can't see why they don'y release the video without faces blurred. I'm sure it will appear on youtube soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

[QUOTE=seanmc1980]ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    [/QUOTE]

hmmmm.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

k_mac wrote: »
    I can't see why they don'y release the video without faces blurred. I'm sure it will appear on youtube soon enough.

dunno if its been posted yet...

http://media.theage.com.au/world/world-news/wallaby-abused-at-party-in-dublin-1997210.html

fookin eejits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

gazzer wrote: »
    Who would think that is funny to bring a monkey to a party?
    The DJ just happened to have Skippy in his dj collection?
    Can think of a few stronger words than idiot to describe the gimp who agreed to have a wallabie at the party. Why didnt any of the other party goers do something about it?
    Hope it is true that the poor animal is alive.
    You are a way out of touch with todays DJ's. (Sorry real DJ's only use Viny :p )

Most now carry and work off laptops, with a USB 3G mobile connection one can download almost any tune requested and have it on the floor within 5 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pancho Sanchez

Cheers for the Info , this story is such a storm in a tea cup , all these do gooders taking the press as gospel so naive!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    mate thought it would be funny to get a monkey to make an appearance
    mate approached Sydney Circus after a show and asked the a trainer if they could have a monkey for a birthday.
    trainer said ok, 250 quid.
    5 friends banded together and and gave 50 each.
    1 hour before the birthday trainer rang and said he couldn't get a monkey. but he had a wallaby(not a kangaroo, different animals)
    trainer arrived with wallaby in a box.
    went into party, music started
    wallaby was taken out of the box for about 5 mins and kinda just stood there,
    idiot picked it up and danced with it/ simulated a sex act
    wallaby was put back in the box and brought back to circus by trainer.
    wallaby performed the next night as usual.

these are the fact according to, guy who hired the wallaby, trainer and a few witnesses at the party. anything beyond this is just made up by the red tops and sky news to sell a story.

That's cheap, I was told a monkey is £500.

Cheers for the Info , this story is such a storm in a tea cup , all these do gooders taking the press as gospel so naive!

Its not taking the press as gospel though is it. The video footage is there showing that ahole with the wallabie

• Advertisement

You are a way out of touch with todays DJ's. (Sorry real DJ's only use Viny :p )

Most now carry and work off laptops, with a USB 3G mobile connection one can download almost any tune requested and have it on the floor within 5 minutes.

Yeah you are right. Never thought of the 3G angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

I actually wish they got hold of a chimp for the party instead of a wallaby, imagine the damage a creature ten times stronger than the strongest man could have done do to these knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

The whole story smells of bullsh1t.

And since when is a chimp 10 times the strength of the strongest man lol

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I actually wish they got hold of a chimp for the party instead of a wallaby, imagine the damage a creature ten times stronger than the strongest man could have done do to these knackers.
    Hopefully a chimp will turn on one of those that provided them with the roo. These nackers are more responsible than any of those that attended the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Every circus travelling the roads of this country should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Wallaby alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

What other animals can you hire for parties?

I fancy an ostrich or maybe an elephant for my next birthday.

Degsy wrote: »

I fancy a pissed of elephant or ostrich at your next birthday too make sure to post the pics!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Minstrel27 wrote: »

ffs.

Fossetts no longer use animals.

• Advertisement

Da Bounca wrote: »
    The whole story smells of bullsh1t.

And since when is a chimp 10 times the strength of the strongest man lol

Ah its just a general guide used in zoology, its not strictly true an adult chimp could certainly make mince meat out of mike tyson anyway put it that way.

using female chimps they determined that they were four times stronger than a male rugby player.

In one test the femlae chimp pulled a weight of 1100 pounds with one arm while the strongest rugby player managed 350 pounds with both arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Degsy wrote: »

I hope they play the elephant song again:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

steddyeddy wrote: »
    In one test the femlae chimp pulled a weight of 1100 pounds with one arm while the strongest rugby player managed 350 pounds with both arms.

Fu*k Me

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

How is it you have come to this conclusion? (without getting into the Circus animals debate), you have just stated "ALL" of them. As someone else has said, Fossetts no longer use animals and I'm sure there is more. So, Please please enlighten me

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Lil2010

The people joking about this poor animal on this site are just as bad as the animals that did this to the kangaroo.

Some people are so sad and lead such miserable lives it pleases them to harm defenceless creatures.

Well the ole sayin goes… what goes around comes around. And I hope the people that did this really suffer for this!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

All these people who are saying that the people at the party are all scum and should be ashamed of themselves for not doing anything; I'd estimate a tiny percentage of these people might have actually intervened. What are you supposed to do anyway? Try to voice your outrage over the loud music and hysteria? Tackle the fella with the kangaroo to the ground? Ring the Garda and tell them to come to one of your friend's parties, achieving nothing?

A few scumbags (10 people perhaps in the know) did an awfully scummy thing, so everyone at the party are low-lifes who "terrorize their communities". The gentleman who's birthday party it was "wearing a tracksuit" whilst being interviewed, therefore he's clearly a scumbag complicit in the whole thing. Way too much of this attitude on here in general. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Lil2010 wrote: »
    The people joking about this poor animal on this site are just as bad as the animals that did this to the kangaroo.

Bollox

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

Mr Marston wrote: »
    All these people who are saying that the people at the party are all scum and should be ashamed of themselves for not doing anything; I'd estimate a tiny percentage of these people might have actually intervened. What are you supposed to do anyway? Try to voice your outrage over the loud music and hysteria? Tackle the fella with the kangaroo to the ground? Ring the Garda and tell them to come to one of your friend's parties, achieving nothing?

A few scumbags (10 people perhaps in the know) did an awfully scummy thing, so everyone at the party are low-lifes who "terrorize their communities". The gentleman who's birthday party it was "wearing a tracksuit" whilst being interviewed, therefore he's clearly a scumbag complicit in the whole thing. Way too much of this attitude on here in general. :rolleyes:
    yes, they should have rang the guards, its still someone bringing an animal into an un-natural enviorment whether he was a mate or theres or not, still a stupid fcuking thing to do

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭jum4

this line cracked me up when I read it this morning!!!

(from London Metro)

Claims that a wallaby died after been given drink at a disco are beeing investigated by Irish police. The marsupial - easy to hire in Ireland - was allegedly ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Splinter wrote: »
    yes, they should have rang the guards, its still someone bringing an animal into an un-natural enviorment whether he was a mate or theres or not, still a stupid fcuking thing to do

No doubt it is. Just saying the Garda wouldn't have been able to do anything, assuming the kangaroo was removed from the scene following the exhibition.

Advertisement