Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Mr Marston wrote: »
    Try to voice your outrage over the loud music and hysteria?

Yep
    Tackle the fella with the kangaroo to the ground?

Yep
    Ring the Garda and tell them to come to one of your friend's parties?

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Lil2010 wrote: »
    The people joking about this poor animal on this site are just as bad as the animals that did this to the kangaroo.

It was a Wallaby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Mr Marston

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Yep

Yep

Yep

Oh, the things people can do from behind a keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

thebullkf wrote: »
    ffs.

I am sorry but I cannot agree with this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Well the ole sayin goes… what goes around comes around. And I hope the people that did this really suffer for this!!

Like a boomerang?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Jesus. I just watched the video. I feel so sorry for the animal. Why are so many people just retarded? Anyone who thinks this is funny is, in my opinion, the lowest form of scumbag you can come across.

I hope everyone at the party is prosecuted, as clearly no one did anything to stop it. Some how I don't think anyone's going to get punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

Well at least the Wallaby had the pleasure of knowing it had more class then the room full of scumbags and spongers that kidnapped it before it croaked, thinking it be a great birthday party surprise , if that wasnt bad enough they even tried sexually assault it, which goes to show there was already wilder animals in that room nevermind the Wallaby!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Well at least the Wallaby had the pleasure of knowing it had more class then the room full of scumbags and spongers that kidnapped it thinking it be a great birthday party surprise , if that wasnt bad enough they even tried sexually assault it, which goes to show there was already wilder animals in that room nevermind the Wallaby!

I doubt it knew that...it's a wallaby like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

I doubt it knew that...it's a wallaby like!

Animals have a knack for knowing other animals, especially ones inferior to themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

God that video has really upset me. I haven't been able to get it out of my head all day. There is something so horrific about seeing an animal terrified :( I just can't get my head around the guy that thought it would be funny to do that....if Karma exists I hope it gets him bad. Disgusting. Really upsetting :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    mate thought it would be funny to get a monkey to make an appearance
    mate approached Sydney Circus after a show and asked the a trainer if they could have a monkey for a birthday.
    trainer said ok, 250 quid.
    5 friends banded together and and gave 50 each.
    1 hour before the birthday trainer rang and said he couldn't get a monkey. but he had a wallaby(not a kangaroo, different animals)
    trainer arrived with wallaby in a box.
    went into party, music started
    wallaby was taken out of the box for about 5 mins and kinda just stood there,
    idiot picked it up and danced with it/ simulated a sex act
    wallaby was put back in the box and brought back to circus by trainer.
    wallaby performed the next night as usual.

these are the fact according to, guy who hired the wallaby, trainer and a few witnesses at the party. anything beyond this is just made up by the red tops and sky news to sell a story.

seanmc1980... you aren't 30 by any chance, maybe it was your birthday recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

I asked my Da "Wheres The Clarion Hotel"?To which he replied...."Its only a hop, jump and a skip away".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

The people joking about this poor animal on this site are just as bad as the animals that did this to the kangaroo.

No, they're not. And for gods sake it was a wallaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

seanmc1980 wrote: »
    ok just to get some clarity on the events that happened that night and get passed the chinese whispers and sensationism about this event.

guy had a 30th.
    mate thought it would be funny to get a monkey to make an appearance
    mate approached Sydney Circus after a show and asked the a trainer if they could have a monkey for a birthday.
    trainer said ok, 250 quid.
    5 friends banded together and and gave 50 each.
    1 hour before the birthday trainer rang and said he couldn't get a monkey. but he had a wallaby(not a kangaroo, different animals)
    trainer arrived with wallaby in a box.
    went into party, music started
    wallaby was taken out of the box for about 5 mins and kinda just stood there,
    idiot picked it up and danced with it/ simulated a sex act
    wallaby was put back in the box and brought back to circus by trainer.
    wallaby performed the next night as usual.

these are the fact according to, guy who hired the wallaby, trainer and a few witnesses at the party. anything beyond this is just made up by the red tops and sky news to sell a story.

what you described was disgusting enough, you don't need to pretend your fighting for the righteous truth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

A room full of ****.

No different to stealing a child and abusing it the way they did to that animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Da Bounca wrote: »
    The whole story smells of bullsh1t.

And since when is a chimp 10 times the strength of the strongest man lol
    Did you not see the video of that utter wanker abusing the animal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Oh, the things people can do from behind a keyboard.
    Some people have no problem doing things like that. They have a bit of cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

KeithAFC wrote: »
    No different to stealing a child and abusing it the way they did to that animal.
    Except that there is

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Another rumour going around is the wallaby alive now, and he is in some guy's back garden in Finglas.

Apparently the guy that got him for the party got it off his Da who keeps the Wallaby as a pet.

:(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So someone put a big rat in a box, brought it to a disco and brought it home again. Is this really worth getting upset about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ANC

they should have brought this guy to the party - he would've kicked the **** out of all of them!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_FVD0BR2Mc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

The people that organised or participated at this party are the same breed of people that get pleasure out of throwing fireworks at dogs. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

phasers wrote: »
    Another rumour going around is the wallaby alive now, and he is in some guy's back garden in Finglas.

Apparently the guy that got him for the party got it off his Da who keeps the Wallaby as a pet.

:(

Is his name Sydney? Sydney Circus?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

JustinOval wrote: »
    Is his name Sydney? Sydney Circus?
    Nope, Michael something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Jezzington

How about a week in the outback as a slap on the wrist for these knuckle dragging motherfcukers...? Let's see how long "gas craic" Joxer and his shirt sticking out buddies last squaring up to Roos, or a lost pack of ravenous Thylacines out there...

May they all drown in a lake of Budweiser and Cocaine with a 500,000 watt P.A. system playing Oasis and Scooter thrown into it for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

what you described was disgusting enough, you don't need to pretend your fighting for the righteous truth
    On the contrary, if you're gonna be pissed off about something at least be fully sure of what you're getting pissed off about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

KeithAFC wrote: »
    A room full of ****.

you reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

shocking what happened to the kangaroo, but its mild with what has been goin on around the country every day with cruelty to animals!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

In the Animal forum, there's a few hints. Also listen to the RTE Liveline podcast from yesterday direct link here: http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-20101031m24slivelinecircus.mp3

Make up your own mind. The scobes gave him a few quid I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Got a reply from the manager of the hotel:

Thank you for your email and please be assured that Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley is appalled by the events that took place at a recent 30th birthday party on their premises.

The incident which involved an innocent animal has horrified Managers & staff alike.

The Hotel staff had no prior knowledge of any plans which included an animal of any type being brought to this event and only became aware of the incident as it unfolded.

The staff on duty acted immediately to address the situation as it occurred and the entire incident lasted a matter of 72 seconds in total. I can also confirm that we did contact the Gardai on the night

The management, staff and all involved with the Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley abhors cruelty to animals and are fully supporting the Gardaí and DSPCA in their investigations into this matter.

Garret Marrinan

General Manager

Advertisement