Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

phasers wrote: »
    Nope, Michael something.

I knew a Dympna Something, I wonder if they're related...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

JustinOval wrote: »
    I knew a Dympna Something, I wonder if they're related...
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Susie_Q wrote: »
    Got a reply from the manager of the hotel:

Thank you for your email and please be assured that Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley is appalled by the events that took place at a recent 30th birthday party on their premises.

The incident which involved an innocent animal has horrified Managers & staff alike.

The Hotel staff had no prior knowledge of any plans which included an animal of any type being brought to this event and only became aware of the incident as it unfolded.

The staff on duty acted immediately to address the situation as it occurred and the entire incident lasted a matter of 72 seconds in total. I can also confirm that we did contact the Gardai on the night

The management, staff and all involved with the Clarion Hotel, Liffey Valley abhors cruelty to animals and are fully supporting the Gardaí and DSPCA in their investigations into this matter.

Garret Marrinan

General Manager
    You emailed the hotel? Oh.....my......God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kelly1939

ya where the hell do you get a kangaroo from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

A Kangaroo Shop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

kelly1939 wrote: »
    ya where the hell do you get a kangaroo from? :confused:

Australia. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Gerry Asstrix

Animal welfare activists and others seem to be putting the heat on some circus owner who runs a show called Sydney Circus that is currently based in Lucan about 15 minutes from where the incident happened.

Apparently the chap has a history of treating his exotic animals like sh*t, afew have died in recent times and he is known to rent them out to discos and parties and the like.

He was on liveline for the last two days and the finger seems be pointing his direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Whjs1946

Lets point Mr Scholl, his Australian Super Circus Sydney and his racist comments firmly in the direction of the door. Worldwide coverage and even his fellow 'diggers' are expressing disgust. In the process blaming
    'the paddies!' Good bye Mr Scholl and don't come back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just heard on Newstalk there - they're offering a 10,000 euro reward for information about who is responsible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Just heard on Newstalk there - they're offering a 10,000 euro reward for information about who is responsible.

who booked the party?? they blocked out faces in the news coverage! If the guards where any use they would have people by now..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

maxxie wrote: »
    who booked the party?? they blocked out faces in the news coverage! If the guards where any use they would have people by now..

I don't think it's to find out who booked the party but rather who exactly got and released the Wallaby.

The person who booked the party wasn't necessarily the same person who got organised getting and releasing the animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Whjs1946 wrote: »
    Lets point Mr Scholl, his Australian Super Circus Sydney and his racist comments firmly in the direction of the door. Worldwide coverage and even his fellow 'diggers' are expressing disgust. In the process blaming

Best thing that could happen is no one goes to his flea bitten crappy little circus i suggest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

I have to say and I am sure others have said this, these people should be strung up. I would have to put my hands on them if I knew who it was.

There is too much of abuse to animals and I am sure that this topic has come up before but why can we not get legislation put into place so these people can be prosecuted for things like this !!!!:mad: The poor animals are so innocent it really annoys me.

So two things really
    1) Hopefully we can all find out who it is and take revenge on them. I am obviously not trying to get a lynch mob together but there is more than one way to skin a scumbag.
    2) Looking to see is there something there that can be used legally against them and if not how do we start getting something in because it is just not right.

Scumbags, scumbags, scumbags ......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Oooh, Mike Something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Whjs1946 wrote: »

Someone posted a link to a news article where Mr Scholl had brought a wallaby/kangaroo to a niteclub opening in Louth in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

Guys, no offense to all of you having such "constructive" discussions on this thread. As much as Id rather animals werent tormented if possible, etc...I actually find it hard to care about it tho. Its just an animal! Who gives that much of a $h1t about it? And before you cry "me me!", there are millions of other far more hardcore things for you to get justifiably whingey about; people dying needlessly worldwide, the Government raping us (with no lube I might add), hundreds of thousands of unemployed in Ireland alone trying to keep their roof over their family's heads and food in their bellies...and you's are on here moaning about a wallaby getting mistreated and saying "Id lock them up", "grab them by their balls"...to you people I say... Get a f*****g life man! Try moaning about something truely moan-worthy.

EDIT: That said, I dont think it right in any way, and Im not justifying it at all, but theres alot more to be discussing in this f****d up country than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Harekin wrote: »
    Get a f*****g life man! Try moaning about something truely moan-worthy.

So Dude, was the music in the Clarian any good...

Guys, no offense to all of you having such "constructive" discussions on this thread. As much as Id rather animals werent tormented if possible, etc...I actually find it hard to care about it tho. Its just an animal! Who gives that much of a $h1t about it? And before you cry "me me!", there are millions of other far more hardcore things for you to get justifiably whingey about; people dying needlessly worldwide, the Government raping us (with no lube I might add), hundreds of thousands of unemployed in Ireland alone trying to keep their roof over their family's heads and food in their bellies...and you's are on here moaning about a wallaby getting mistreated and saying "Id lock them up", "grab them by their balls"...to you people I say... Get a f*****g life man! Try moaning about something truely moan-worthy.
    If you think it's stupid don't post, how hard is that to get into your head?

Some people here think that mistreating animals is more important than people on the dole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

The Aussie wrote: »

See above edit btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

you reckon?
    Yes i do. Utterly disgusting to harm an animal that is harmless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I consider the welfare of animals very important, and don't just forget about it because they're a different species to us, or because there's supposedly more important things to worry about.

I don't understand why humans think we're the only species that matters. It's a pretty stupid viewpoint IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

BaZmO* wrote: »
    You emailed the hotel? Oh.....my......God.
    Rightly so. Disgusting pigs to do that to that animal.

There's a thread in the "Cool Vids & Pics & Links" forum called "Photos That Changed The World" and there are loads of graphic pictures of people dying, getting attacked, etc. and there is more outrage at any pictures that show any animals suffering. It's strange the way people think at times.

I think it's disgusting the way the kangaroo/wallaby was treated the other night but I think the outrage is disproportional to the many many other outrages out there. I'm sure that this news story out headlined plenty of other tragic human events on the news the other night.

Also, I'm sure there were many baskets containing chicken and pig pieces on the tables of that function room the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The Aussie wrote: »
    bangin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Dr. Zeus

There's a thread in the "Cool Vids & Pics & Links" forum called "Photos That Changed The World" and there are loads of graphic pictures of people dying, getting attacked, etc. and there is more outrage at any pictures that show any animals suffering. It's strange the way people think at times. .

There was guy talking about this subject on newstalk a while back. Wrote a book about why people get more upset about animal cruelty than cruelty towards humans, citing the attacks on that woman who placed the cat in the bin. He didn't come to any firm conclusions as to why but it is a very interesting question.

For the record, this kangaroo story is vile and I can relate to the disgust expressed in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

While I dont agree with the cold tone of your post, it's a sickening act that should not go unpunished. I agree with your point that people seem to care more about a kangaroo then other stories of late that are making bottom of page 6 news all the while this gets full national coverage for 2 days solid.

It is the corrupt bankers and politicians that should be locked up too not just those that commit sickening acts of animal cruelty.

Biffo is laughing very much so at this now while he sneaks a few more nasty suprises into the budget... All eyes on the kangaroo!

People wont protest at cuts but you can certainly feel the anger people have at this!
    All i'm saying is, use that same anger and vent it at the issues that are much more important!

EDIT: That said, I dont think it right in any way, and Im not justifying it at all, but theres alot more to be discussing in this f****d up country than this.

Also, I'm sure there were many baskets containing chicken and pig pieces on the tables of that function room the other night.
    This has bee covered a number of times in the thread.

An animal being slaughtered for food is in NO way the same thing as torturing an animal for fun.

An animal being slaughtered for food is in NO way the same thing as torturing an animal for fun.
    It certainly isn't, however, it is unnecessary to slaughter animals for food. So imo you lose the moral high ground, and associated outrage, if you vehemently condemn one but not the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

It certainly isn't, however, it is unnecessary to slaughter animals for food. So imo you lose the moral high ground, and associated outrage, if you vehemently condemn one but not the other.

I will readily eat the pig. Dance with it. No.

Though in my teenage years.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This has bee covered a number of times in the thread.

Yeah, but this animal wasn't killed (and it wasn't really tortured all that much either, to be honest).

Beisdes, is food not fun?

Advertisement