Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Except that there is

Well yes there is of course a difference between abusing a child and abusing a animal but both the child and animal would be affected in quite a similar way eg post traumatic stress disorder ect. Apart from that I wouldn't compare the too but dont think animals dont suffer as much if not more from negative treatment.

As regards the man who did this to the wallaby he inflicted unnecessary suffering which could have long lasting affects on something that was weaker than him, in that sense his mentality isnt to far away from a child abuser ie lack of empathy towards something you have dominance over and intent to cause suffering.

That said child abuse is far worse and has far worse results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Yeah, but this animal wasn't killed (and it wasn't really tortured all that much either, to be honest).

I dunno. They're saying on the news it died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

AnonoBoy wrote: »

They don't know sh!t, they just make it up. Nobody wants to hear/read about a kangaroo that's 'grand' after a night out.

JustinOval wrote: »
    They don't know sh!t, they just make it up. Nobody wants to hear/read about a kangaroo that's 'grand' after a night out.

Do you know for sure it didn't die then?

I don't see why someone would offer 10,000 euro reward for information about a Wallaby that got a bit of a fright but is ok now.

[edit]

Actually - the news article says 'reported death' so they're not saying 100% that it did die.

http://www.newstalk.ie/news/810000-reward-offered-for-info-on-kangaroo-death82/

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Oh right. I didn't see any reports after the first one and the few people who claimed to have been there and saw it put back in a box and taken home after a few minutes. I think an awful lot of rubbish was made up to try and make something interesting out of this (feeding it ecstasy tablets for example).

• Advertisement

Harekin wrote: »
    Guys, no offense to all of you having such "constructive" discussions on this thread. As much as Id rather animals werent tormented if possible, etc...I actually find it hard to care about it tho. Its just an animal! Who gives that much of a $h1t about it? And before you cry "me me!", there are millions of other far more hardcore things for you to get justifiably whingey about; people dying needlessly worldwide, the Government raping us (with no lube I might add), hundreds of thousands of unemployed in Ireland alone trying to keep their roof over their family's heads and food in their bellies...and you's are on here moaning about a wallaby getting mistreated and saying "Id lock them up", "grab them by their balls"...to you people I say... Get a f*****g life man! Try moaning about something truely moan-worthy.

EDIT: That said, I dont think it right in any way, and Im not justifying it at all, but theres alot more to be discussing in this f****d up country than this.

What if i told you that animals experience pain and fear as much if not more than humans do, basically it would mean some guy inflicted more fear and torment on a creature than most people would have to endure. This just an animal bs is ridiculous I have heard it again and again often associated with animals dont feel pain or fear ect. when it boils down to it people who use the "its just an animal" mantra think its ok to mistreat something simply because they can. Its been used in every possible case of inflicted cruelty on a weaker set eg minorities of race, creed,children and the last acceptable bastion of cruelty on a weaker creature, animals.

"Its just a......" In connection with the unnecessary creulty inflicted on the powerless by the powerfull is no justification, it certainly is not based on the defining factor separating us and the animals, our intellect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Yeah, but this animal wasn't killed (and it wasn't really tortured all that much either, to be honest).

Beisdes, is food not fun?
    :rolleyes: The thing was abused. Simple as that. The guy deserves a slap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Echospace

phasers wrote: »
    This has bee covered a number of times in the thread.

An animal being slaughtered for food is in NO way the same thing as torturing an animal for fun.

As someone else said, it is also unneccessary to slaughter animals for food. Infact "slaughter" is putting it lightly. The conditions and downright torture animals go through in the factory farmed meat industry these days is absolutely horrific.

How do you define "fun" anyway? Enjoyment? Pleasure? Do you enjoy eating the pig/chicken/cow on your plate yes? Do you enjoy the taste?

Do you realise they are also being tortured so you can fulfil that sense of enjoyment? There are 600 million vegetarians in the world, consuming meat is NOT necessary for a healthy diet. And statistically vegetarians live on average 7 years longer.

The problem here is there is another link required in the thought process to actually understand that there isn't that huge a difference between directly torturing an animal for fun, and indirectly being responsible for that animals torture by purchasing and consuming meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

the more i hear about this the less I blame the party goers.....

Am i right in saying there is a person in Dublin who makes a few quid on the side pimping out his wallabee to hop around in crowded nite clubs/party venues?

If a brainless f**wit hears about such a service obviously they are going to hire it...like a DJ or a bouncy castle...

sounds to me like this persons service was starting to catch on and he was getting business...

he/she is the person who needs to be sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Echospace

steddyeddy wrote: »
    What if i told you that animals experience pain and fear as much if not more than humans do, basically it would mean some guy inflicted more fear and torment on a creature than most people would have to endure. This just an animal bs is ridiculous I have heard it again and again often associated with animals dont feel pain or fear ect. when it boils down to it people who use the "its just an animal" mantra think its ok to mistreat something simply because they can. Its been used in every possible case of inflicted cruelty on a weaker set eg minorities of race, creed,children and the last acceptable bastion of cruelty on a weaker creature, animals.

I believe the church's influence on the world over the past 2000 years is largely responsible for this divide people create between humans and animals. It's backwards teachings like "evolution never happened", "the earth is only 6000 years old", etc that cause such a divide between us and the animal world. We were once a very primitive species.

Scientists have observed again and again, the similarities in behaviour, thinking, physical attributes, etc between humans and animals. They have even proved chimpanzees and certain breeds of monkeys can perform basic math.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

I don't see why someone would offer 10,000 euro reward for information about a Wallaby that got a bit of a fright but is ok now.

It's a treasure hunt now?

Where's Wallaby?

Echospace wrote: »
    I believe the church's influence on the world over the past 2000 years is largely responsible for this divide people create between humans and animals. It's backwards teachings like "evolution never happened", "the earth is only 6000 years old", etc that cause such a divide between us and the animal world. We were once a very primitive species.

Scientists have observed again and again, the similarities in behaviour, thinking, physical attributes, etc between humans and animals. They have even proved chimpanzees and certain breeds of monkeys can perform basic math.

yes very true they also at several points denounced other people based on religion and race, they have since stopped that now however some people who continue the "its just a........) are playing catch up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

"A €10,000 reward is today being offered for information surrounding the reported death of a wallaby or small kangaroo after it was unleashed at a 30th birthday party recently. A long-term supporter of the Animal Rights Action Network (ARAN) anonymously contacted the group to offer the cash for information leading to arrest and conviction.

The Australian national took action after hearing about the incident which took place at the Clarion Hotel in Liffey Valley in Dublin. ARAN are calling on members of the public and those who attended the party to contact the organization".

Hopefully this gesture will lure someone that attended that party to come out with more camera evidence that will nail the culprits.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/organisation-offers-reward-for-information-about-kangaroo-incident-in-nightclub-478664.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

I've eaten Kangaroo in Aussieland, which TBH wasn't bad, but seems it's consider HillyBilly food? But if anyone one is interested, they could hop over to a Southside Butchers selling Kangaroo steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

+1

I'd put 50Euro down, that the Chimp in the clip below, has a higher IQ, than the scumbag who simulated sex on the dancefloor with the wallaby.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I've eaten Kangaroo in Aussieland, which TBH wasn't bad, but seems it's consider HillyBilly food? But if anyone one is interested, they could hop over to a Southside Butchers selling Kangaroo steaks.

Its not redneck food, its dog food.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

And statistically vegetarians live on average 7 years longer.

Uhh, vegetarians tend to be well-off people living in the first world, duh well-off health-conscious people live longer, but it ain't got nothing to do with meat.

Vegetarians in 3rd world countries do considerably worse health wise than their meat-eating counterparts, once again probably because meat is a sign of affluence in third-world culture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Toosey

The guy who brought the animal to the party can be heard on last night (wed) Adrian Kennedy show

http://www.fm104.ie/music/podcasts.aspx

and the circus owner who gave him it can be heard on liveline

http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2010/pc/pod-v-20101031m24slivelinecircus.mp3

They both sound like d**ks

anyway seems like it is alive...although god help us all with idiots like the circus owner and the brainless scumbag Micka from clondalkin who brought the animal to the place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 doubletalk

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Im guessing it was actually a wallaby as they make excellent pets and are kept by many private owners. Considering these muppets haven't got a basic level of empathy towards the suffering their perpetrating on this creature i doubt they have the brains to tell the difference.
    Skippy was actually a wallabee though so they'd be right.

Where did this it was fed e and died business come from though? There's no evidence of this purple monkey dishwasher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

marcsignal wrote: »
    +1

I'd put 50Euro down, that the Chimp in the clip below, has a higher IQ, than the scumbag who simulated sex on the dancefloor with the wallaby.

In fairness I think that chimp is more intelligent than a good part of the general population. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

The Clarion claims it had no idea and could do nothing about it, but I'm wondering how the scobes could get it past the doormen without them knowing.

Supposedly it was brought in and was in a box. What doorman (and I know a good few) would let a scobe carry a box into a club without checking it out? So the hotel was obviously partially in cahoots in this situation, a bit of a "wink and a nod" was given I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

ILA wrote: »
    The Clarion claims it had no idea and could do nothing about it, but I'm wondering how the scobes could get it past the doormen without them knowing.

Supposedly it was brought in and was in a box. What doorman (and I know a good few) would let a scobe carry a box into a club without checking it out? So the hotel was obviously partially in cahoots in this situation, a bit of a "wink and a nod" was given I'd say.
    Could have been brought in a side door or something? Or in with dj equipment?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭irishjig69b

u ****ing arsewhole....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

u ****ing arsewhole....

Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

I really cant imagine this being the case. Most hotels wont let residents bring a dog unless its a guide dog let alone fecking wallaby or Kangaroo.
    Theres always ways to smuggle things into a hotel if you really want to like emergency exits etc but to say the hotel was in "cahoots" with the scobes sounds a bit far fetched to say the least.

If you're having a party in a hotel there's a good chance that you'd be bringing in all sorts of boxes with decroations and what not in it. Very easy to get something in.

I doubt very much the hotel knew about it. Why would they knowingly let someone release an animal in their premises? It doesn't make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Perhaps the scobe disguised himself as a decent upstanding citizen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Absurdum wrote: »

Will you get a look at the rejects from the 1980's behind the circus, no wonder they left Austaralia, and the paranoid lies coming from them is in the realm of comedy gold with lines like.

wallaby in the club that night was a man dressed in a kangaroo suit

Err, No.

‘You know how the Irish people drink; they can see anything, if they see a dog they could say it is a pig.

Well yes and No

Scholl’s wife Yvette claims the incident in the Clarion Hotel was a stunt by animal rights activists to blacken the name of their circus.

‘I believe the animals rights people instigated this thing in the hotel because we are here beside it.’

HaHaHa

Alexander added: ‘This thing had nothing to do with my circus. There was no wallaby from Circus Sydney, somebody else has got a wallaby. It’s so easy to get a wallaby.

Its so easy to get a Wallaby, really, stupid bint...

However, last night Circus Sydney were packing up, appearing ready to leave Dublin altogether.

Oh thats so sad.

Scholl and his circus, which includes his four children, plan to quit Ireland for a tour of Scandinavia and Europe at the end of October and return in five years’ time.

Can you make it even 10, 5 years is way to short to see europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I hope by the time those pricks try to come back Ireland has banned circuses that use animals.

Advertisement