Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

They killed it!?!?

Yeah...it had a heart attack from all the Dutch Gold and JP Blue they gave it as payment...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,862 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

doesn't say the interviewing the people the booked the party

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

doesn't say the interviewing the people the booked the party

Sure you've enough 'the's' in there?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Perhaps a dingo took its baby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

I know AH is known for its take nothing serious attitude but for Fu*ks sake, that's a horrible story. I would personally swing whoever around by their balls till they died, jail anyone involved indefinetly, and fine the hotel so much they'd close down, name and shame everyone involved, includeing all the fools who stood there and watched!
    but what makes this horrible story worse, is these stupid, wanna be witty responses the so called AH come up with!
    I'm disgusted, so should ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I don't want to tar a whole locality with the same brush but when I heard this I said to myself, "bet the partygoers were from Clondalkin or Finglas".

Guess what!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

BornToBe? wrote: »
    I know AH is known for its take nothing serious attitude but for Fu*ks sake, that's a horrible story. I would personally swing whoever around by their balls till they died, jail anyone involved indefinetly, and fine the hotel so much they'd close down, name and shame everyone involved, includeing all the fools who stood there and watched!
    but what makes this horrible story worse, is these stupid, wanna be witty responses the so called AH come up with!

I agree 100%.. heartless bastards who ever did it.. and joking about it is pretty poor aswel tbh.. I don't see how anyone can find humour in a defenseless animals suffering..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

How many kangaroos were killed while making the 'Skippy' tv series?

I bet that every time poor Skippy fell down a mineshaft, he actually did, and they just replaced him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

So the questions are:

1. How did they procure a kangaroo?

2. How did they get one cheaply enough that it could be used as a party stunt?

3. Why did the kangaroo not go kung-foo on everyone, as they are wont to do?

4. How did the bar staff not recognise a kangaroo?

5. Why am I never invited to these kind of parties?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Those guys will roo the day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

So the questions are:

3. Why did the kangaroo not go kung-foo on everyone, as they are wont to do?

Pity it didn't.. I'm guessing it was only a baby :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Did you mean wallaby witty answers? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ghetto Cornetto

There are so many questions flying through my head about this that it may explode.

dilallio wrote: »
    How many kangaroos were killed while making the 'Skippy' tv series?

I bet that every time poor Skippy fell down a mineshaft, he actually did, and they just replaced him.

9, wasn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

dilallio wrote: »

Skippy didnt fall down mineshafts, it was that clumsy oaf Little Timmy. Skippy alerted the community :)

Dustaz wrote: »
    Skippy didnt fall down mineshafts, it was that clumsy oaf Little Timmy. Skippy alerted the community :)

Luckily Timmy was an orphan, owned by the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Man007

Do the same people who are disgusted about this eat meat the animals that your meat comes from go through a lot worse than listening to a skippy song

Bit rich to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Dustaz wrote: »

He was doing the pushing, however. Hero complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

So the questions are:

4. How did the bar staff not recognise a kangaroo?

He probably wasn't a regular there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

did they check the nearest well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Oh my God, what a disgusting story.

That poor kangaroo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭BornToBe?

Did you mean wallaby witty answers? :pac:

perfect example!!!

Take just 1 minute and think,
    your an animal, you know nothing of human "so called" civilisation.
    all of a sudden your picked up and thrown in the back of a car, already at this point your terrified, you don't know whats happening, where your going whats gonna happen, then after a while a waiting, (prob worse) sitting in the back of a car, the door opens, some gob****es, laughing and sniggering like drunkin kids come and grab you, you resist but they're too big, you see a hotel lobby (whatever that is) flash by, a door bursts open, now all you can see is FLASHING lights, blinding you!! LOUD music confusing you, then thrown infront of hundreds of cheering ppl screaming, at this point your bowls have given way and your ****ting and pissing yourself!! your heart is beating faster than it ever has!! then one of these big screaming ppl (monsters) picks you up and starts swinging you around and around, your dizzy, your confused, your TERRIFIED!!!!
    The last thing you see, is FLASHES, and FLASHES of BLINDING light, all you hear is SCREAMING and DUM DUM DUM noise, your heart is beating so much, you try and try and try to get free and run away, but run where, your surrounded, they're all laughing and screaming and cheering. you kick and scream, but no one comes to your aid.......they just look and laugh..
    The sound now quitens, becomes further and further in the distance, the lights still flash, but your eyes are now closed, you can still see some brightness even tho your eyes are closed, things get quiet now, all you can hear is the beating in your chest, beating so much and so loud it hurts. everything goes quiet, everything goes dark. your just glad its over........
    but it was a good party................

ARE YOU STILL LAUGHING??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

The party must have been jumpin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Man007 wrote: »
    Do the same people who are disgusted about this eat meat the animals that your meat comes from go through a lot worse than listening to a skippy song

Bit rich to be honest

Kangaroo meat is rich actually.

I think you are mixing up an animal suffering for some knackers entertainment and a animal being dispatched for food.

Although i fear you will get hysterical in any response, given the agenda of your post so i might leave you off. good night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Disgusted you may be, but there's no need to lie. You would do none of those things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just started reading Skippy Dies today.

Didn't know it was such a popular book that people would start having themed parties and get them so terribly wrong. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Man007 wrote: »

Bit rich to be honest
    Ever been in an abbatoir? I have. Trust me, the animals there are dispatched quietly, quickly, calmly and with the minimum of fuss, and they are well treated beforehand.

There is no comparison with the torture of an animal for ****s and giggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The animal was a Wallaby, I suppose that's not important.

Get a grip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

"What's that Skip?

They stole you away from your natural habitat, smuggled you aboard a ship to another continent, somehow managed to sneak you past the customs and quarantine officials, kept you chained up in a basement feeding you only on Pedigree Chum and Kit-e-Kat, brought you to a dodgy nightclub in West Dublin, wrapped you up in a blanket got you out on the dance floor, slipped a pair of shades on you, up go the lights, on goes the music and you're expected to slither around like John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever while everybody claps and cheers and puts on dodgy Australian accents?

Strewth, Mate!"

"I think he wants us to dance with him, Dad."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

perfect example!!!

Take just 1 minute and think,
    your an animal, you know nothing of human "so called" civilisation.
    all of a sudden your picked up and thrown in the back of a car, already at this point your terrified, you don't know whats happening, where your going whats gonna happen, then after a while a waiting, (prob worse) sitting in the back of a car, the door opens, some gob****es, laughing and sniggering like drunkin kids come and grab you, you resist but they're too big, you see a hotel lobby (whatever that is) flash by, a door bursts open, now all you can see is FLASHING lights, blinding you!! LOUD music confusing you, then thrown infront of hundreds of cheering ppl screaming, at this point your bowls have given way and your ****ting and pissing yourself!! your heart is beating faster than it ever has!! then one of these big screaming ppl (monsters) picks you up and starts swinging you around and around, your dizzy, your confused, your TERRIFIED!!!!
    The last thing you see, is FLASHES, and FLASHES of BLINDING light, all you hear is SCREAMING and DUM DUM DUM noise, your heart is beating so much, you try and try and try to get free and run away, but run where, your surrounded, they're all laughing and screaming and cheering. you kick and scream, but no one comes to your aid.......they just look and laugh..
    The sound now quitens, becomes further and further in the distance, the lights still flash, but your eyes are now closed, you can still see some brightness even tho your eyes are closed, things get quiet now, all you can hear is the beating in your chest, beating so much and so loud it hurts. everything goes quiet, everything goes dark. your just glad its over........
    but it was a good party................

ARE YOU STILL LAUGHING??

You seem to know an awful lot about this for someone who wasn't involved.

Advertisement