Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dr-Millie

this absolutely infuriates me...bloody scumbags... agree with seafields, your mans face should be shown to the whole world...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Jesus
    How they found terrifiying a poor animal to death entertaining is beyond me. The poor thing probably died from the fear of the whole thing.
    Scumbags

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I saw this on the news and it really maddened me, I would love nothing than to give that absolute lowlife a whack for doing that to the poor animal. I was in Australia this year and one of the highlights was being able to see and feed the both the roos and wallabies, absolute innocent harmless creatures and to do this to one of them is beyond sickening.

The scummer in the crappy video appeared to by gyrating with the poor animal also, what a sick fcuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I saw this on the news, rather sickening to say the least.

I hope more this footage reaches Utube and the culprits get tracked down by animal rights activists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

UKPA are claiming they also gave the poor creature ecstasy.

Here's the thing, out of 150 people, you'd think ONE might have the common decency to do something - tell the DJ to turn off the music or call the guards immediately. A few of them rang the DSPCA the next day. It took them an entire night to realise how f*cking wrong this was? I don't understand people. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You really think someone could get a wild animal into a hotel without hotel staff and management not being aware of it? Management probably even charged the party organizers extra for cleaning up.

Have you any evidence of this or is it idle speculation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Where's all the "fab" puns and jokes now.
    Anyone who can laugh after seeing that video is as bad as the people who laughed there on the night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Having worked on the door for to long now, if it got past the dozy tools out front, the bar staff and the doormen near the Dance Floor it should have certainly been spotted by the eyes in the sky.

So i will go beyond speculation and call the venue negligent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

mojesius wrote: »

Here's the thing, out of 150 people, you'd think ONE might have the common decency to do something - tell the DJ to turn off the music or call the guards immediately. A few of them rang the DSPCA the next day. It took them an entire night to realise how f*cking wrong this was? I don't understand people. :confused:

From my experience it's very difficult to get in contact with the DSPCA after 5pm. So maybe people couldn't get through until the next day.

I agree they shouldn't blur the guys face out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Did the DJ just "happen" to have the Skippy tune among his/her collection that night? It was all planned and not just the work of an individual if you ask me.
    I wonder if the hotel will provide cctv footage? An unbelievable bunch of scum.

• Advertisement

The Aussie wrote: »
    Having worked on the door for to long now, if it got past the dozy tools out front, the bar staff and the doormen near the Dance Floor it should have certainly been spotted by the eyes in the sky.

So i will go beyond speculation and call the venue negligent.
    Not necessarly. it could have easily been smuggled in the back door along with the DJ's eqipment which would have included several flight cases, PA speakers and other boxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Not necessarly. it could have easily been smuggled in the back door along with the DJ's eqipment which would have included several flight cases, PA speakers and other boxes etc.

What were the internal security doing, not their job obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Apparently it is on YouTube somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Am I the only one thinking who the hell brings a kangaroo to a party?

No, you're not. Maybe I'm showing my ignorance of the whole West Dublin birthday scene, but I'm wondering - how the hell do you get your hands on a kangaroo in Ireland in the first place??

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

UKPA say it is a circus owner, would explain a lot, the cnut

UKPA say it is a circus owner, would explain a lot, the cnut
    More a reason to BAN all animals from Circuses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm disgusted after seeing that. Fcuking horrible. I can't believe no one at the party wasn't enraged enough to put a stop to it, that poor animal. Saddest thing is that this will probably be forgotten about in a few days. There's no justice for animals in this country. I hope those involved are named and shamed at least. Scumbags.

Acccording to this news report:

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/city-news/kangaroo-died-hours-after-being-released-at-30th-party-in-hotel-2385213.html
    The kangaroo was freed on the dance floor as the DJ played the theme tune to Australian TV programme Skippy.

Now, it would have to be an amazing DJ who would just happened to have the theme music to Skippy lying around and then also had the speed to whip it out and play when he realised it was a kangaroo that appeared.

So I'm assuming s/he was in on the act.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm disgusted after seeing that. Fcuking horrible. I can't believe no one at the party wasn't enraged enough to put a stop it, that poor animal. Saddest thing is that this will probably be forgotten about in a few days. There's no justice for animals in this country. I hope those involved are named and shamed at least. Scumbags.

That's what I don't get. 150 people are reportedly to have been at this "party", and it did not enter even ONE of their thick skulls that there was something very wrong with the situation.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Was it the "responsible" hotel management who reported the incident or some anonymous Facebook users? The hotel management knew about it but said nothing until the Gardaí came asking questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm disgusted after seeing that. Fcuking horrible. I can't believe no one at the party wasn't enraged enough to put a stop it, that poor animal. Saddest thing is that this will probably be forgotten about in a few days. There's no justice for animals in this country. I hope those involved are named and shamed at least. Scumbags.
    Of course it will be forgotten about in a few days. What the fück do you want some type of 9/11 "we will never forget" scenario
    over one kangaroo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I laughed at the sheer ridiculousness of it earlier, but there was nothing funny about seeing it. The poor thing.

What a bunch of w@nkers.

More details here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321937/Wallaby-dies-plied-ecstasy-drink-birthday-disco.html?ITO=1490
    Alexander Scholl, owner of Australian Super Circus Sydney, sited 500 metres away from the hotel, told officers he had two wallabies - Skippy and Sydney - but rubbished claims either of them was used in the incident.

'They think it was one of my wallabies but it definitely was not. I would never lend them out to a nightclub with all the noisy music,' he said.

'Someone told them the wallaby was given an ecstasy tablet and now it is dead. I said if it is dead then it is not one of my wallabies. I showed them Skippy and Sydney.'

Jesus, how many marsupials are there in West Dublin?
    Officers launched an inquiry after complaints were passed on from a witness at the 30th birthday celebrations and others who saw a video uploaded to Facebook.

This appears to indicate that the hotel did nothing until Gardai prompted them.

Presumably someone knows the people who uploaded this to Facebook - Dublin is a small city. If just sticking a cat in a bin should make a woman a pariah, the people who did this deserve to be known.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭happypants

This thread/whole story has made me feel so sad. Im disgusted. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

mojesius wrote: »

Yep they should have called the DSPCA 24 hour helpline.
    Oh wait ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Of course it will be forgotten about in a few days. What the fück do you want some type of 9/11 "we will never forget" scenario
    over one kangaroo?

:rolleyes: Yes of course, I want a statue to it put up on Grafton Street! :rolleyes: FFS! As in something will actually be done about it and it won't be brushed under the carpet like most things are?!!

Seemingly this isn't the first kangaroo at an Irish disco; broadsheet.ie digs up a story from a year ago:

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2010/10/19/not-the-first-kangaroo-at-an-irish-disco/
    From The Irish Daily Mail. October 29, 2009:

ITS LLAMAS got loose on a notorious motorway and now Australian Super Circus Sydney stands accused of animal cruelty after owners brought a kangaroo to a nightclub.Complaints were made to the Louth Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals after the PR stunt last Thursday. Its inspector says she will object to the Earth Nightclub in Drogheda renewing its licence if it happens again.
    ISPCA inspector Fiona Squibb explained: ‘The animal was walked around the nightclub amongst people who had been drinking and there was obviously loud music. A circus does not have drunken yobs in it and what happened was a disgrace. It is cruelty to animals. But yesterday, Yvette Schole, who runs the circus with husband Alexander, said the kangaroo ‘had never been to a nightclub before. It is one thing that happened just one time’.

This is presumably the same Australian Super Circus Sydney
    who happened to be 500 yards away from the Clarion during the latest incident:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1321937/Wallaby-dies-plied-ecstasy-drink-birthday-disco.html?ITO=1490
    Alexander Scholl, owner of Australian Super Circus Sydney, sited 500 metres away from the hotel, told officers he had two wallabies - Skippy and Sydney - but rubbished claims either of them was used in the incident.

Amazing coincidence. Presumably the Gardai have their crack Marsupial Recognition Unit on the case.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Is the video footage online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭mojesius

Jumpy wrote: »
    Yep they should have called the DSPCA 24 hour helpline.
    Oh wait ...

You misread what I wrote. I meant no one did anything at the time of the incident; call the guards, alert the management, stop the morons on the dancefloor. Nobody did a thing at the time, apart from calling the DSPCA the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Advertisement