Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

xzanti wrote: »
    Poor animal, was listening to this on the wireless on my lunchbreak.. Infuriating stuff.. apparently some genius was simulating sex acts on the poor creature and everything.. People can be so retarded :(

Pity the kangaroo did not punch the head off the skobie

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Are you serious? Constant jokes about kids being raped by priests are ok but joking about this is too far?

Yes.

PM me with a link or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Are you serious? Constant jokes about kids being raped by priests are ok but joking about this is too far?

The mod has requested no more jokes. Let's leave it at that! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I don't know someone gets a kangaroo nightclub without either a blind eye being turned or gross incompetence, either way, I don't want to stay in such a place.

I have emailed them the same thing. Disgusting way to treat an animal:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

The hotel must have the name of the person that booked the party or who's party it was. When they catch them they should let a few randy Dobermen and Pitbulls at him:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

What cracks me up is the news reported, they thought it was a large dog.

So is it ok, to put a dog in a bag, take it out on a crowded loud dance floor, dry hump it and swing it around?
    How is any of that implied by thinking it was a dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

That is so awful.

The poor kangaroo.

Complete knackers the person(s) who did this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Disgusting knackers no doubt. Stunned that everyone just stood there and watched this happen. Scum.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

mojesius wrote: »
    Here's the thing, out of 150 people, you'd think ONE might have the common decency to do something - tell the DJ to turn off the music or call the guards immediately. A few of them rang the DSPCA the next day. It took them an entire night to realise how f*cking wrong this was? I don't understand people. :confused:
    bellx1 wrote: »

That's what I don't get. 150 people are reportedly to have been at this "party", and it did not enter even ONE of their thick skulls that there was something very wrong with the situation.:mad:
    lizt wrote: »
    Cannot believe the party - goers just pulled out their cameras and started to take videos/pictures. How the hell did someone not think "This is not ok"?
    Contrary to popular belief the vast majority of people stand on the sidelines the vast majority of the time. They don't want to get involved. I've seen a man drop on the street from a heart attack and the whole street just kept walking. Didnt want to get involved. That or they just stared open gobbed mouthing "ah isnt that terrible" Fcuk all did fcuk all. The only people who helped me were an elderly man well in his 70's who actually rang for help and an unconnected woman of about the same age who offered to help. I've very little faith in the average person in a crowd when push comes to shove, or god forbid they have to take a stand. They'll usually leave it to someone else. Dont wanna get all Godwin, but ever wonder how so many followed hitler or stalin or any of those creeps? And the vast majority did. All it needs is a critical mass and questions go out the window. Those people who do react or question are very much in the minority. Even those who consider themselves upright citizens will do it afterwards, like those in this case who finally reported it the next morning.
    Valid point to be fair SH. That said it seems animal cruelty hits us more on a visceral level than cruelty to humans at times. Then again if it was a video of the same bloody morons doing similar to a petrified toddler the "jokes" would be equally unwelcome Id imagine.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

dav3 wrote: »
    Why are their faces blurred out? Some kind of cover up going on, or is it just because it's RTE?
    They showed the face of the woman who put the cat in a bin and people found out who she was fairly quickly. If this was on 4chan they'd already know where the person lives and what they ate for breakfast this morning.
    But for some reason these savages are being protected and will probably get off with a 50 euro fine and a slap on the wrist.

I can't wait until they release the names of those involved, I'm assuming they were the children/relatives of some businessmen or politicians or some other public figures. Whoever they were, they were obviously not feeling the strain of this recession if they can afford to buy a wallaby for some 30th birthday party at a west Dublin hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Fair play to TV3. I didn't know that they actually went further than RTE and found out who's birthday it was and interviewed him.

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=46630&locID=1.2.&pagename=news

Not sure if that link works. It's up on their player anyway.

Wibbs wrote: »
    Contrary to popular belief the vast majority of people stand on the sidelines the vast majority of the time. They don't want to get involved. I've seen a man drop on the street from a heart attack and the whole street just kept walking. Didnt want to get involved. That or they just stared open gobbed mouthing "ah isnt that terrible" Fcuk all did fcuk all....

This is sad but true. Does anyone remember the story of the teenage girl who was begging by the bus stops on Eden Quay? It was a good few years back but it was a pretty big story. Some guy in a van pulled up, jumped out, and started beating the living shít out of this girl. He dragged her into the van and drove off as people at the bus stop just stared at what was going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Fair play to TV3. I didn't know that they actually went further than RTE and found out who's birthday it was and interviewed him.

That about the only thing i like about tabloids, they dont care who they out, any one from Wayne Rooney to these gap toothed inbreeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I can't wait until they release the names of those involved, I'm assuming they were the children/relatives of some businessmen or politicians or some other public figures. Whoever they were, they were obviously not feeling the strain of this recession if they can afford to buy a wallaby for some 30th birthday party at a west Dublin hotel.

And what has that got to do with anything if it was?

Children/ relatives of businessmen or politicians or other public figures can act the d!ck as well as your average scobie but I find it funny that because you think they are 'businessmen or politicians or some other public figures' that they have some perverse tastes in entertainment.

No matter who you are or what your background is this is an incredibly disgusting, vile & senseless act. However knowing how lax this country is in prosecuting people in animal cruelty cases the d!ckhead that was dry humping the defenceless animal will probably get away scot free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

Contrary to popular belief the vast majority of people stand on the sidelines the vast majority of the time. They don't want to get involved. I've seen a man drop on the street from a heart attack and the whole street just kept walking. Didnt want to get involved. That or they just stared open gobbed mouthing "ah isnt that terrible" Fcuk all did fcuk all. The only people who helped me were an elderly man well in his 70's who actually rang for help and an unconnected woman of about the same age who offered to help. I've very little faith in the average person in a crowd when push comes to shove, or god forbid they have to take a stand. They'll usually leave it to someone else. Dont wanna get all Godwin, but ever wonder how so many followed hitler or stalin or any of those creeps? And the vast majority did. All it needs is a critical mass and questions go out the window. Those people who do react or question are very much in the minority. Even those who consider themselves upright citizens will do it afterwards, like those in this case who finally reported it the next morning.

I see your point. And I agree, people don't want to know most of the time.
    Saying that -
    I was looking at it from a personal perspective and can honestly say I would not have just looked on while it was happening, nor mind video the whole thing for f***ing facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭PostHack

oceanclub wrote: »
    There's an email for the general manager here:

http://www.clariondublinliffeyvalley.com/contact.asp

I've emailed him to confirm or deny if the hotel actually reported the incident.

P.

Here's the review section on their Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dublin/Clarion-Hotel-Dublin-Liffey-Valley/147456242870?v=app_6261817190&ref=sgm

Just in case anyone would like to congratulate them on their incompetency.

easyeason3 wrote: »
    And what has that got to do with anything if it was?

Children/ relatives of businessmen or politicians or other public figures can act the d!ck as well as your average scobie but I find it funny that because you think they are 'businessmen or politicians or some other public figures' that they have some perverse tastes in entertainment.

No matter who you are or what your background is this is an incredibly disgusting, vile & senseless act. However knowing how lax this country is in prosecuting people in animal cruelty cases the d!ckhead that was dry humping the defenceless animal will probably get away scot free.

My point is if they weren't well known they would have been named and shamed already and their faces not blurred out by RTE.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

bellx1 wrote: »

I see your point. And I agree, people don't want to know most of the time.
    Saying that -
    I was looking at it from a personal perspective and can honestly say I would not have just looked on while it was happening, nor mind video the whole thing for f***ing facebook.
    Oh don't get me wrong, maybe you wouldnt, but you never know until you're in a situation. I've frozen myself before, or though fuggit why bother, but yes I like to think I'd have stepped in and Im pretty damned sure I wouldnt video it, except maybe as evidence.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

IWhoever they were, they were obviously not feeling the strain of this recession if they can afford to buy a wallaby for some 30th birthday party at a west Dublin hotel.

Scumbags tend to be very resourceful when it comes to procuring exotic pets etc on the black market .. I doubt it was bought through legal channels..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=46630&locID=1.2.&pagename=news

Not sure if that link works. It's up on their player anyway.
    My point is if they weren't well known they would have been named and shamed already and their faces not blurred out by RTE.

Oh PanchoVillla are you sure about that? Look at the TV3 video. Does that dude look like he's in any way associated with rich businessmen or politicians? Really?

• Advertisement

xzanti wrote: »
    Scumbags tend to be very resourceful when it comes to procuring exotic pets etc on the black market .. I doubt it was bought through legal channels..

Yeah, actually after watching the TV3 interview with "Michael Byrne" I wouldn't be surprised if these fúckers were drug dealers/traffickers or similar organized criminals. Coincidentally, another man by the name of Michael Byrne from Clondalkin was arrested earlier this year with 6.4 million euros worth of heroin in his van.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/man-convicted-of-having-64m-of-heroin-449178.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭zinx

Scum of the Earth.
    Fuc)ing howiyas deserve to be neutered

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

surely the hotel knows who had the party .give there details to the gards pure cruelty in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Michael Byrne from Clondalkin was arrested earlier this year with 6.4 million euros worth of heroin in his van.

With the irish criminal system the way it is with over crowding and judges who are so far out of touch with the community he should be out by now, so it must be him:pac:

I doubt that very much. I'd say the faces are blurred for legal reasons. What those reasons are I don't know but I would imagine that until they are convicted then they can't be named or shamed regardless of who they are.

Anyway whoever they are I sincerely hope they get a serious fine & jail time. None of this few hundred euro shyte of a fine & a suspended sentence.

And what kind of a sick bastard pretends to ride a kangaroo????

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

So does this mean that customs are going to have to check every pouch on the hundreds of trucks full of kangaroos and wallabies that enter the country each week for heroin? 'Cause that's going to bloat the public sector budget.

F-Stop wrote: »
    So does this mean that customs are going to have to check every pouch on the hundreds of trucks full of kangaroos and wallabies that enter the country each week for heroin? 'Cause that's going to bloat the public sector budget.

Do you not mean: so does this mean that customs are going to start checking luggage?

Seriously, I've been to a fair few places at this stage & the only place I had my hand luggage checked was JFK. Our lads always seemed to be too busy drinking tea to go through my bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭bellx1

Oh don't get me wrong, maybe you wouldnt, but you never know until you're in a situation. I've frozen myself before, or though fuggit why bother, but yes I like to think I'd have stepped in and Im pretty damned sure I wouldnt video it, except maybe as evidence.

I suppose we all like to come on here and say this and that about what we would have done/liked to have done in the situation, but as you say, nobody knows until we have been in that exact situation.
    I just hope that those who did video it (not for facebook, youtube etc) pass on what they have to the relative authority's.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If a person is cruel to something that cant defend itself like a child or an animal, in my book they are a psychopath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 mick_mac

from the video we can obviously see the band are on stage, I presume they can be easily identified along with the person responsible for playing the skippy music. they should be prosecuted for 1) witnessing the event and doing nothing to stop it 2) providing the means for "skippy the bush kangaroo" to be played on the sound system:mad:

Advertisement