Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kangaroo alledgedly killed at 30th Party... DUBLIN

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Disgusting, utterly disgusting. Ireland and the Irish have a poor reputation when it comes to its treatment of animals but this incident marks a new low.:(

I dearly hope all those scumbags are jailed for this sick act of wanton cruelty.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    Fucking idiots.

You don't let a wild animal out on a dance floor with flashing lights and loud music. Mainly beacause the wild animal might, I dunno, kill somebody.

Poor Kangeroo, but on the bright side, at least nobody got hurt.
    Ehh,the animal died,or is that not hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Wow that guy is some hero....terrorising a defenceless animal to look cool in front of the lads. Typical braindead pisshead gombeen. Would absolutely love to meet up with him, introduce him to my neighbours 2 pitbulls, and see how far he gets terrorising them. Scumbag :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

I have to say, I haven't posted on boards in about 2 years but I knew there'd be talk of this. I'm so shocked and disgusted at what I saw on the news tonight. I've studied animal welfare in college and I just can't believe there are people like this out there. I emailed the Clarion asking what did they do after the animal was discovered? Did they call a halt to the part and ask everyone to leave? - As far as I'm concerned this would have been the appropriate action. If they didn't then shame on them and they may as well have brought the animal in themselves. Either way - how easy is it to smuggle a large animal into a hotel without anyone noticing? - I will never stay in one of their hotels.
    And as for the people who were at that party - shame on you for not intervening, you should all be ashamed of yourselves and I hope you get what you all deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I feel really sad after reading this. ****ing knackers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Presumably the law will be pretty weak with regards to punishing the offenders but naming and shaming will probably have an effect, including the band.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Saw the guy who the party was throw for on the TV3 news. Typical track-suit wearing scobe.

Another example of how we Irish have a terrible attitude to alcohol and enjoying ourselves. We always have to go to some kind of extreme when drink is involved which usually ends property damage, people being assaulted/murdered, A&E time being wasted or in this case an animal being killed.

We are a truly pathethic nation with a worthless culture of over-indulgence in all areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Hang on, the party was thrown for a 30 year old. Is the guy on TV3 news meant to be him?

I suddenly feel a lot better about turning 40.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

Herald.ie wrote:
    Detectives have questioned a circus owner about allegations that a wallaby died after being plied with ecstasy and drink at a birthday disco.

"Someone told them the wallaby was given an ecstasy tablet and now it is dead. I said if it is dead then it is not one of my wallabies. I showed them Skippy and Sydney."

http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/national-news/police-probe-kangaroo-drink-death-2386383.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

If a person is cruel to something that cant defend itself like a child or an animal, in my book they are a psychopath
    And they are ***** too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

mick_mac wrote: »
    from the video we can obviously see the band are on stage, I presume they can be easily identified along with the person responsible for playing the skippy music. they should be prosecuted for 1) witnessing the event and doing nothing to stop it 2) providing the means for "skippy the bush kangaroo" to be played on the sound system:mad:

Are you serious? How do you think that exchange played out?

"Hey mister, can you put this music on when I give you the nod tonight?"
    "Sure thing kid. HEY! Wait a second, is this the theme tune from Skippy The Bush Kangaroo? Are you guys planning to let a kangaroo loose on the dancefloor when I put this on the sound system because if you are I want no part of it."
    "Ah pleeeeeeaassseeee Mister?"
    "Oh ok. Get outta here ya scamp!"

:rolleyes:

Yes, yes it was a disgusting thing to do but it's getting ridiculous when people start calling for everyone in the room, the people behind the bar and the guy handing out aftershave in the jacks to be prosecuted even though they may have had absolutely nothing to do with it.

'Naming and shaming' the band will serve to do what exactly? If you're hired to play a birthday party are you automatically responsible for everything the people at the party do?

Axe Rake wrote: »
    http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/national-news/police-probe-kangaroo-drink-death-2386383.htmlOriginally Posted by Herald.ie
    Detectives have questioned a circus owner about allegations that a wallaby died after being plied with ecstasy and drink at a birthday disco.

"Someone told them the wallaby was given an ecstasy tablet and now it is dead. I said if it is dead then it is not one of my wallabies. I showed them Skippy and Sydney."

http://www.herald.ie/breaking-news/n...h-2386383.html

I presume this guy can prove to the Gardai that he didn't have three wallabies.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭amos13

Axe Rake wrote: »

How do we know he only had two to begin with? I'd like to see them cnuts do that to my big 7 stone guard dog. he'd teach them a fkking lesson

besides, the Scholl fella brought a kangaroo to the Earth nightclub a while back, and it was the nightclub who got sanctioned for it

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    'Naming and shaming' the band will serve to do what exactly? If you're hired to play a birthday party are you automatically responsible for everything the people at the party do?

If indeed "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" is a staple song of some event DJs' sets, fair enough. Just remind me not to hire these guys.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

from the video we can obviously see the band are on stage, I presume they can be easily identified along with the person responsible for playing the skippy music. they should be prosecuted for 1) witnessing the event and doing nothing to stop it 2) providing the means for "skippy the bush kangaroo" to be played on the sound system:mad:

In fairness, they had no way of knowing what was about to happen. If someone asks you to play a song at a function that you have been hired to provide music for, you're hardly going to refuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Blurring out fail. You can see the guys face when the cameras are flashing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

This horrific story has been on my mind all day. AFAIK the kangaroo/wallaby hasn't been located and nobody yet knows for sure if it is dead. Am I right in saying that? It's the one tiny glimmer of hope I have that the DSPCA or police can find it,alive.

• I have to say, this is one of the most bizarre newspaper stories I've ever read. Thought it was a wind-up at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I have to say, this is one of the most bizarre newspaper stories I've ever read. Thought it was a wind-up at first.

Came out of the blue alright. Thought someone was taking the piss when I heard it on the radio earlier. :)

oceanclub wrote: »
    If indeed "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" is a staple song of some event DJs' sets, fair enough. Just remind me not to hire these guys.

P.

he was obviously asked to include it in the set beforehand, I've thrown parties before and asked the djs's for unusual music, they dont ask questions they just accomodate. what was he supposed to say? "sorry I cannot play "skippy" for you because of the one in a million chance that you might parade a kangaroo on the dancefloor, treat it disgracefully, it dies afterwards and becomes a national animal cruelty scandal".

seriously. have some perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Stekelly wrote: »
    Came out of the blue alright. Thought someone was taking the piss when I heard it on the radio earlier. :)

This thread was the first I heard about it, I was reading through it this evening waiting for someone to point out that it was a fake or exaggerated news story, couldn't believe when it turned out to be true. It really is disgusting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

:rolleyes:

Seriously.

Next time I hear eye of the tiger, though, I'm getting me the f*ck out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Shocking and all this story is, there are far worse things happening in Nth Dublin every night than this and hardly gets a mention. Thing is the G-men will probably spend/waste valuable time investigating an otherwise 'media crime.'

:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Shocking and all this story is, there are far worse things happening in Nth Dublin every night than this and hardly gets a mention.

Well, when the scobes are killing each other off it's not really worth investigating.

This animal was more valuable than any of them are.

Shocking and all this story is, there are far worse things happening in Nth Dublin every night than this and hardly gets a mention. Thing is the G-men will probably spend/waste valuable time investigating an otherwise 'media crime.'

:(

they're there to investigate ALL crimes, of which this is one, so its not wasted time. the high profile cases remind people how wrong it is to be cruel to animals, doncha think? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

we need to trim the herd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

5. Why am I never invited to these kind of parties?
    because you ask the wrong type of questions:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Reloc8

Bloody hell !

(yes the people involved are sickos etc.)

Meanwhile...where the @$?* did it come from ??

Is there a kangaroo missing from a zoo somewhere ? ('Hey Liam how many kangaroos do we have ?' 'Eh, five' 'Are you sure ?' 'Naw never really checked...how many can you see ?' 'Eh, four' 'Ok we have four then, I'm nearly 100% sure')

Or has someone managed to smuggle one in through customs ? ('it's a shih tzu')

Or is someone secretly breeding and raising kangaroos and selling them on the black market ? ('hey buddy...you want some of what I got...c'mere...take a look...that's 100% the real deal purpose bred party kangaroo right there...you ain't a cop are ya ? cos if you are you gotta tell me now...are you wearing a wire??!??')

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

oceanclub wrote: »
    I presume this guy can prove to the Gardai that he didn't have three wallabies.

P.

Exactly!

Circus Sydney doesnt seem to have the greatest reputation when it comes to animal welfare and safety! :mad:

http://www.irishcircuses.org/sydney.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/strewth-circus-kangaroo-sydney-makes-a-hop-for-it-88694.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

Apparently it is on YouTube somewhere?

Advertisement