Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of an era!!

Options
  • 19-10-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

The Bellingham castle hotel, in Castlebellingham has closed it's doors. Appartently it's been sold and will be renovated, not sure about re-opening date, but heard next summer sometime.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

WHAAATTT!!!! - didnt know this - most of my family had weddings, christenings and confirmations there. Very sad

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

According to the story I heard, The people that own Darver castle have bought it, with the intention of re-opening it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

The sale fell through. Its back on the market again for €2.75 million. If I win the lotto tomorrow I am going to buy it and use at as my house. Then again I might buy Naughtons old house, just up the road. Its a million cheaper, it would do for the dog and the cat as a play house.

Castle http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=562388

Naughtons http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=562213

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭HAMMERCURRENT

All entrances were blocked off yesterday with metal fencing! whether the sale has fallen true or not, it's closed to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭bnear

Hope it is sold, would be great to see it revamped and doing well again, spent manys a good night there. It was a great place in its day, always something on.. look forward to having good times there again..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dundalkbhoy

the owner of darver castle has leased it with option to buy at fixed price.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

the owner of darver castle has leased it with option to buy at fixed price.

I think they plan on re-opening just before St.Patricks day 2011 , after renovations are finished .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TommyT

Bellingham Castle closed last weekend and is due to open again next year, it was revealed on Monday.
    The owners, the Keenan family, siad the hotel closed on Sunday and massive renovations will take place between now and next March.
    In a statement, the family said, "we, John, Pascal, Sean and Damien Keenan would like to thank all our customers and friends for their patronage for the past 42 years. We have really enjoyed looking after everyone who visited and stayed with us. We had great pleasure in looking after all the customers who are now our friends too".

Page 80 The Argus.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

They should of took the big money they were offered a couple of years ago instead of being too greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It has been a kip for years. No loss as it stands. Would be nice if it was revamped to something as decent as Darver Castle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement