Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibrepower Broadband available in Tramore?

Options
  • 19-10-2010 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Currently have Eircom Mobile 7mb, need proper line, have gone from Perlico 1mb, to perlico 3mb, to Eircom 7mb, to eircom mobile, all in the space of about a year and a half. Can't be bothered changing again.

Wondering if UPC's 30Mb Fibre Power(Basically the €70 pack they offer) is available in Tramore, on their site they have an awful broadband checker that doesnt work and any other sources dont help, asking here before calling them myself. So is it available here and does it live up to stated speeds?

As of now this is my internet. Not great.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

UPC isn't available in Tramore afaik. There isn't any fibre line out this far.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭[Steve]

Right, Well I managed to come across thiswhich shows it is available. I dunno, probably just call them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

[Steve] wrote: »
    Right, Well I managed to come across thiswhich shows it is available. I dunno, probably just call them.

99% sure there is no fibre line out in Tramore. Its available in the city, but not Tramore..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Doesn't seem to be much of a choice, either mobile or Eircom.
    Friend of mine is getting less than dial up on her vodafone broadband, need something better but eircom is toooooo expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Have been looking at changing supplier as I want faster speed (currently have UTV 2Meg) and according to Eircom site their new NGB is now available in Tramore. Only reluctance I have is that I have had few problems with UTV, though lately I have been getting more dropped and/or slow connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

I'm with Vodafone and recently upgraded to the 8MB line. They advertise it as "up to 8MB" so I didn't think I would get the full speed but I'm getting well over 7MB anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭treatyman

I've looked into UPC and it's not available in Tramore unfortunately. I am currently with Eircom and starting to get into difficulty with their download limit. I think Vodafone or Smart is probably the best and cheapest option. I don't know about UTV...

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

I'm with Perlico. 6-7 Meg download speed. Better option than Eircom in my opinion. Having a download cap is the only downside. It's like 30 GB and then you get charged 50 Euro. But you can download all you want then with the same speed and the price doesn't go higher for that month.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭mr.noobie

AndyKiely wrote: »
    I'm with Perlico. 6-7 Meg download speed. Better option than Eircom in my opinion. Having a download cap is the only downside. It's like 30 GB and then you get charged 50 Euro. But you can download all you want then with the same speed and the price doesn't go higher for that month.
    hey man, i believe that your eligible for eircom next generation broadband advanced in your area, it has unlimited usage allowance it is perfect for heavy internet use :cool:

Advertisement