Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Prezzie For Abroad

Options
  • 19-10-2010 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hello all
    I'm trying to get ideas for a present for an family in Europe and I'd like to get them something Irish. Has anyone any ideas? Is there anyone who does hampers or something of that ilk?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

there are various places online that do hampers but they are very very costly. You'd be better off doing up a parcel yourself and sending it snail mail to get there for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Irish booze!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Aye you could look at hampers online that are made up, and try to make your own.
    The likes of whiskeys or other drink that they like & is Irish would be good. Things perhaps like irish made chocolates (butlers perhaps), maybe Tayto or other foodstuffs they can't get where they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Another vote to make your own.

A few packs of Taytos, some cidona/tanora/other stuff that's rare outside Ireland, decent chocolates (some cadbury multipacks for the kids, some Butlers or locally made chocolate for the parents) some soda bread, Barry's tae, tin of Foxes biscuits, box of roses, etc etc

Ship it on a Monday so it's not sitting in some warehouse over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭WhodahWoodah

Sammalone you're in Cork!!! Go down to the English Market and go mad! I'm sure you can send a refrigerated delivery if you have the dosh for it, or if not there's plenty of stuff that keeps down there that you could send. Go talk to the stall keepers. The yum sausages etc won't be good to send unless you can send them frozen, but hit up the cheese places etc and you're on a winner. And you're spending your cash locally - bonus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Sammalone you're in Cork!!! Go down to the English Market and go mad! I'm sure you can send a refrigerated delivery if you have the dosh for it, or if not there's plenty of stuff that keeps down there that you could send. Go talk to the stall keepers. The yum sausages etc won't be good to send unless you can send them frozen, but hit up the cheese places etc and you're on a winner. And you're spending your cash locally - bonus!

If you could somehow ship refrigerated, you should go mad as said above: Clonakilty pudding sausages rashers (or even better, home made), all types of cheeses, some proper old-skool butter (or kerrygold).

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Moved to the Gifts forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sammalone

Thanks a million lads for the ideas. Is it ok to send foodstuffs in the post? If so should i be looking at someone other than an post to deliver as I'm sure it'll cost a fortune. They are in the EU if it makes any difference

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

sammalone you could try a crowd who deliver in Europe (&UK) but are based in UK and sell lots of Irish products. They're called www.youirishshop.com and chillled products aren't a problem. I'd bet if there was something you wanted to add that they would try to help you out, but they seem to have a good range.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

sammalone you could try a crowd who deliver in Europe (&UK) but are based in UK and sell lots of Irish products. They're called www.youirishshop.com and chillled products aren't a problem. I'd bet if there was something you wanted to add that they would try to help you out, but they seem to have a good range.

Is that site down? I can't access it (from the UK). :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭fermoycailin

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Is that site down? I can't access it (from the UK). :(

Jusst tried it and was working ok. Maybe try through google??
    Sorry can't be of more help, but seems to be working from here, and its aimed to people in the UK so not sure why its not working from there.
    If you've no luck with the website perhaps you could email: (on their website) customerservices@youririshshop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Jusst tried it and was working ok. Maybe try through google??
    Sorry can't be of more help, but seems to be working from here, and its aimed to people in the UK so not sure why its not working from there.
    If you've no luck with the website perhaps you could email: (on their website) customerservices@youririshshop.com

That's weird, works through Google but still won't work through address bar!! Other sites fine in address bar. :) Mad.

Anyway, another suggestion (not for everybody) is the Ross O'Carroll-Kelly books. They can be difficult to get outside Ireland (although Amazon do them) but are uniquely Irish (whether you like them or not) :)

EDIT: Ah, didn't realise youririshfoods was the online shop for O'Kane foods (suppliers of Irish foods to Asda and Budgens for their Irish aisles) :)

Advertisement