Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken Liver

Options
  • 19-10-2010 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Does anyone know if its possible to buy chicken liver? I checked Tesco, local butcher and Superquinn - the butcher there said he thinks that they are not allowed to sell them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

I've seen them in the frozen section of my local Tesco and at my local butchers the odd time. I'd recommend going to old style butchers they are usually good for odd requests like this. Toying with getting some myself want to make my own pate.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

never thought to look in the freezer; will try another butcher. I want to try out making pate - making Christmas pressies this year & thought pate might be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭johnnycee66

depending on where you live, we get ours in sainsburys in newry, they stock both prepacked fresh and frozen chicken livers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The English Market, Cork has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

I've gotten them from Superquinn before.

If you're in Dublin try FX Buckley Butchers on Moore Street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

OP - It would really help if you told us what general area you are in.
    If Dublin, as breakfast roll says - try FX Buckley on Moore Street. They always have them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

thanks for all the replies. I am in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

My local (Tralee) butcher gets them 1 or 2 days after I order them.

IMO if you are a regular customer with a local butcher they will look after your requests/requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Robbies butchers in Newbridge will order it in for you.

Advertisement