Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puzzling infraction

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

The first post directly abuses another member of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

gotta keep it real with our homies man. can't disrespect the hood like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

The first post directly abuses another member of the site

The second condones physical violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

big difference between insulting another user and making an unfunny joke. I certainly hope the poster was joking....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

you stupid PC idiot

Thats an insult
    Kill her, cut her up, and put her in a suit case

Thats a joke.
    I certainly hope the poster was joking....

If they were not, they must be rich - with the new charges on luggage, with a bag that weight it would be cheaper to buy them a seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

fullstop wrote: »

That's called a "joke"...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,406 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

That's called a "joke"...

What's to say Orange2's post wasn't?

'Racist bastard' is personal abuse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's to say Orange2's post wasn't?

'Racist bastard' is personal abuse.

The way each post was phrased gives me the impression that the two posters had very different intentions. The first was ironic. The second didn't spot the irony and reacted venomously. That's how I see it anyway.

I'm just happy I don't have to mod AH! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

Best to report any post you find suspect and then the Mods will see it and make a decision on it

They might not see it here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Either way, probably should have been snipped. ...bitches

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Best to report any post you find suspect and then the Mods will see it and make a decision on it

They might not see it here
    This. It can be very hard to keep tabs on things, particularly with a high traffic forum. Reporting the posts pretty much guarantees people will look at it. If you're part of a forum where reported posts don't seem to be looked at or there's a major time delay(a few days, not hours folks ;):)), then bring it to here or the helpdesk forum or PM one of the mods, cmods or admins for clarification.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement