Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extend ring time on iphone 4

• 19-10-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Does any one know how to extend the ring duration for incoming calls.
    It seems that my iphone will only ring for maybe 8-10 seconds before going to voicemail. Iphone 4 on meteor.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

igor420 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Does any one know how to extend the ring duration for incoming calls.
    It seems that my iphone will only ring for maybe 8-10 seconds before going to voicemail. Iphone 4 on meteor.

this works for my 4 on Meteor.

*61*+353XX5XXXXXXX*11*30# then call button.

replace the X with your number, remembering to leave the 5 in the middle to get it to voicemail and the 30 at the end is 30 seconds. you can put in 20, 25, or 15 etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭igor420

kceire wrote: »
    this works for my 4 on Meteor.

*61*+353XX5XXXXXXX*11*30# then call button.

replace the X with your number, remembering to leave the 5 in the middle to get it to voicemail and the 30 at the end is 30 seconds. you can put in 20, 25, or 15 etc

That worked perfectly. Thanks very much.

igor420 wrote: »
    That worked perfectly. Thanks very much.

no probs, save it in your phone as a contact as you may need it again, and most likely it will be when your out and about ;)

i have that and the voicemail button hack saved as everytime you update it loses them.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭buttonsflyie

P.S. It also works for Vodafone.

Thanks

Clara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi

how do You get the "+" sign, I just keep getting 000000 :rolleyes:

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Hold 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Lovely

Thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tubbs26

I did this and now none of my calls are going to voicemail. How can I change this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

That's part of the standard GSM divert codes and works on all networks, except O2 who seem to have some strange system controlling voicemail diverts.

You can use those codes on any GSM phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

tubbs26 wrote: »
    I did this and now none of my calls are going to voicemail. How can I change this?

Easiest way is *004*08X 5XXX XXXX#

This will activate all conditional diverts.

The individual diverts are:

*67*.........# (When busy)
    *61*.......*11*(time in seconds)# (no answer) ... (Should be , 5,10,15,20,25, or 30 secs; default is usually 15).
    *62*.......# (If phone is unreachable / off)

Unconditional divert (Divert ALL calls)

*21*.......#

To cancel any divert use the same code with #.....#

e.g. To cancel all diverts #21#

All the codes are here :

http://geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭tubbs26

Solair wrote: »
    Easiest way is *004*08X 5XXX XXXX#

This will activate all conditional diverts.

The individual diverts are:

*67*.........# (When busy)
    *61*.......*11*(time in seconds)# (no answer) ... (Should be , 5,10,15,20,25, or 30 secs; default is usually 15).
    *62*.......# (If phone is unreachable / off)

Unconditional divert (Divert ALL calls)

*21*.......#

To cancel any divert use the same code with #.....#

e.g. To cancel all diverts #21#

All the codes are here :

http://geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

thanks, just realised I left out the five in the middle of the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnieS

Hi everyone,I've seen the code to increase ring times but before I use it,can anyone please clarify if the 5 in the middle only applies to O2 numbers or any network? I'm on vodafone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

AnnieS wrote: »
    Hi everyone,I've seen the code to increase ring times but before I use it,can anyone please clarify if the 5 in the middle only applies to O2 numbers or any network? I'm on vodafone.
    No, the 5 would apply to you also. Remember that you'll be leaving out the 0 from your prefix, so if your number is 0871234567 you'll enter *61*+3538751234567*11*30#

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

If anyone wants to google codes for their particular operator*, they are called USSD codes.

*USSD codes can vary by operator, and usually do for special services like check balance, or top up pre-pay account, but voicemail diverts are usually standard, like the ones mentioned by Solair above.

In the past, O2 prepay was fixed at 6 rings and you couldn't alter this with the standard GSM USSD codes. I don't know if this is still the case now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AnnieS

Thank you Cushie Butterfield. I've now altered my ring time but it doesn't seem to alter the 'classic ring' tone! Never mind I've just changed my ring tone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Mine was slightly different. I'm with Tesco Mobile but have an 086 number and it looked like this: **61*3535xxxxxxx**15#

Mine was slightly different. I'm with Tesco Mobile but have an 086 number and it looked like this: **61*3535xxxxxxx**15#

Most of these hacks are irrelevant nowadays as most of carriers support and sell the iPhone. These hacks were mainly for when the iPhone was an O2 network only or for example when Meteor did not carry the iPhone.

Advertisement