Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Rome

• 19-10-2010 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? Apart from the obvious (clubbing/ancient ruins/etc)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

eat proper italian food in restaurants that aren't in main tourist-y spots. damn is the quality good for a pretty low price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Thanks, but ya can't eat all day !

I was hoping for some interesting alternatives to museums and art galleries, although they may happen too. Going for 4 days in about a month, staying close to the train station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

There is a lot to enjoy just wandering about. You'll find that four days is not a lot.

If there are not enough ancient ruins in Rome, Ostia Antica makes a good DIY excursion: http://www.ostia-antica.org/.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Do you like cats? If so you could visit the cat colony and sanctuary in Largo Argentina and cuddle some of the strays! Some of the volunteers also do tours of the ruins there to make money for the sanctuary. It's reputed to be the place where Caesar was killed.

If you don't like cats then avoid avoid avoid!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Visit Testaccio. A hill made from millions of amphorae.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

Do as the Romans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is Rome more expensive than here?

And is there much of a clubbing scene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,253 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Thanks all. The amphorae hill sounds good.I'm going early tomorrow. Not into clubbing. If I find anything else thats cool I'll post back.

Advertisement