Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thoughts and buying advice on an Isuzu D-Max

• 19-10-2010 5:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Thinking about one of these, getting cheap (see link below)so seem like value. Need a yoke to tow a bit so whats to look out for when looking at one of these?
    Is the powerplant in them good? any old isuzu engine issues like the old dreaded trooper?
    Any gearbox/Flywheel or clutch issues?
    Any suspension issues?

what are they like to live with - I've ad lots of 4x4's over the years, but never a crewcab - are they comfy on a long haul at all?
    Does the d-max give decent mpg?

Any other thoughts and tips please.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/1642135

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I cant vouch for the manual as I have an automatic

definitley get the 3 litre , the 2.5 is not great , im getting an average of 28mpg out of mine (bit of a heavy right foot on me and its auto, manual should do 30-33 easy

build quality is great , reliable machines, lots of pulling power for towing, not as bouncy as other jeeps but you will feel the bumps in the road, i think its grand for sitting in long distance trips, get the leather seats if possible, the cloth ones get dirty far too quickly. Also dont buy one with 20" alloys, they will make driving hell

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Thanks Eric........can they do big miles like a landcruiser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Thanks Eric........can they do big miles like a landcruiser?

well ive only broken 4000km into mine so far lol , but one of my mates has an 06 one with 210,000 km on it and hes had no problems with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 independentman

snap for this thread thanks for the advice eric

Advertisement