Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good gym in Cork city??

Options
  • 19-10-2010 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

hey everyone,

Just wondering can anyone recommend a good gym with a swimming pool and sauna?? Looking to join one for the winter to get fit and all that jazz but just looking for one that is reasonably priced. I know this should probably be in the fitness section but sure i figured it'd be no harm throwing it up here. Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

nursemar88 wrote: »
    hey everyone,

Just wondering can anyone recommend a good gym with a swimming pool and sauna?? Looking to join one for the winter to get fit and all that jazz but just looking for one that is reasonably priced. I know this should probably be in the fitness section but sure i figured it'd be no harm throwing it up here. Thanks :D

lol - ok I wont say it (unique oppurtunity lost:pac:)

im not too well up on prices - I know rivers edge have an offer for €199 but no pool:( can you travel a bit? oriel in ballincollig and rochestown park are both pretty good.. and theres always leisureworld in btown?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Brookfield has a pool and sauna.
    it's a bit pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

corkcomp wrote: »
    lol - ok I wont say it (unique oppurtunity lost:pac:)

im not too well up on prices - I know rivers edge have an offer for €199 but no pool:( can you travel a bit? oriel in ballincollig and rochestown park are both pretty good.. and theres always leisureworld in btown?
    first off... huh?? :confused: i looked up oriel... no prices on their site but they look very fancy! leisureworld doesn't seem too pricey tho! Might be worth given a shot... :)
    deRanged wrote: »
    Brookfield has a pool and sauna.
    it's a bit pricey though.
    very pricey is right! looks lovely but unfortunately way beyond my budget!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

leisure world do pay as you go also, so you could drop in and see what ya think for €6! Oriel is €65 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

corkcomp wrote: »
    leisure world do pay as you go also, so you could drop in and see what ya think for €6! Oriel is €65 per month
    paying by the month could be very handy!! especially when i'm pretty broke! :):rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nursemar88 wrote: »
    hey everyone,

NRG in Jurys Western Road is a great gym, all classes included in the price, pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Friendly and helpfull staff and good mix of members. It's €50/€60 a month depending on what rate you get, they do discounts for employees of some companies and that. I used to be joined the Clarion gym for 2 or 3 years but joined NRG in Galway when I moved up there, was using NRG in Cork then when I was home for the weekends. The Clarion is fairly grim in comparison, much smaller and the equipment is not as modern. Wouldn't go back to the Clarion for €20 a month to be honest.

If you want to get fit stay away from the pool and sauna for the mostpart and do some spinning classes or something like that. 'tis far too easy to get into the habit of going down of an evening and go for a lap or two of the pool followed by a sauna.

You can just call in anytime and one of the staff will show you around :)

I don't work there or anything but I really can't fault the place at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RoverJames wrote: »
    NRG in Jurys Western Road is a great gym

+1 to that.

Advertisement