Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

whats next?

• 19-10-2010 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

just got my learners permit so now the plan is get some lessons and then a bike! what i want to know is would i be better off getting some gear now ie. helmet gloves jacket or use the instructors gear and then get everything together? was gonna head off on friday and look at helmets but im not really sure what to do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

sonic85 wrote: »
    just got my learners permit so now the plan is get some lessons and then a bike! what i want to know is would i be better off getting some gear now ie. helmet gloves jacket or use the instructors gear and then get everything together? was gonna head off on friday and look at helmets but im not really sure what to do

big sale's coming up the next weekend and end of the month on cotters, crossans and dogsbox , check out there sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

will do thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

and if you do go to the bike shop with the big windows on the naas road dont buy anything in there just get the same thing online much cheaper

ha ha! i heard that already but thanks for the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

sonic85 wrote: »

Use the Instructors gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

Use the Instructors gear.

a lot of instructors do not supply helmets or gear......better to have your own

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Where are you based Sonic?

Reason I'm asking is so people can recommend decent trainers in your location. You can then ring around to see which ones supply you with gear for the lessons.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Where are you based Sonic?

Reason I'm asking is so people can recommend decent trainers in your location. You can then ring around to see which ones supply you with gear for the lessons.

oh sound - im in county carlow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭EGOSHEA

If the instructor's willing to provide the gear, I'd use his. Just on the off-chance that you don't actually decide to go on and buy a bike after the lessons (it's not likely but you'd never know).

EGOSHEA wrote: »
    If the instructor's willing to provide the gear, I'd use his. Just on the off-chance that you don't actually decide to go on and buy a bike after the lessons (it's not likely but you'd never know).

no danger of that man! wouldnt have went to the hassle of getting a license if i didnt want a bike! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Here is the AON list of Instructors that you could use. Only problem is if they can supply you with gear!

http://www.aonbikecare.ie/documents/instructorlist_october_2010.pdf

Out of them, Dave Lyons is highly recommended. So is Austin McDowell, I think he is/was involved in the Fingal Star training course. You'd need to check to see if they can accomodate you in Carlow.

I have used Dave in the past to get my Grade 2 assesment. And like you, before I got the bike or gear, I had training with http://www.msa-ireland.com/. They supplied the bike and gear. All I needed was a pair of boots.

You could also contact RoadSkills from here. He is based in Waterford but he has the compound all set up for training.

nice one thanks for the info. do you know anything about terry platt? i think hes based in carlow - a lad i know said hes good

Advertisement