Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new gpu

Options
  • 19-10-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Hi i need a new gpu dosnt have to be anything great as long as it can do HD i need to be able to watch satlite channels in HD im useing an onboard at the moment but the but the HD channels are very slow but it can play HD movies i have on my hard drive.

So what would be the best card to get im looking to spend as little as i can on the card as money is tight.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Hi i need a new gpu dosnt have to be anything great as long as it can do HD i need to be able to watch satlite channels in HD im useing an onboard at the moment but the but the HD channels are very slow but it can play HD movies i have on my hard drive.

So what would be the best card to get im looking to spend as little as i can on the card as money is tight.

Thanks

Is it low profile or full height? Do you need it to carry audio over hdmi?

Either way you would be looking at something like this

http://elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1935345

You will find it cheaper elsewhere - try pixmania etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Full hight cards will fit im useing vga on my TV so i dont need to have hdmi as i will be useing the sound on my 5.1 and not my tv [5.1 dosnt have any hdmi input]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Assuming you have a pci express slot then i would imagine a HD4350 or a HD4550 should do fine

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/6985024/art/sapphire-technology/radeon-hd-4550-512-mb-gdd.html#tech-specs

You will get one cheaper if you shop around or try adverts.

Might want to wait for a second opinion though

Advertisement