Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are Galway chippers so bad?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Lasalsa have the type of burger you are after. and chunky chips. Its pretty good food i would have a quesadila before a kebab any day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

McDonaghs, the fish n chips place at the end of shop street, by the bridge, is the finest chipper i've ever eaten from, and I'm a dub and very loyal to Burdocks in Christchurch. Give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cedan

I cant believe that mcdonaghs went downhill. I was living in Galway back in 06 for a year and there was NOTHING like a feed in mcdonaghs. Really disappointed about this. I think I may cry:(

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭deargas

david75 wrote: »
    McDonaghs, the fish n chips place at the end of shop street, by the bridge, is the finest chipper i've ever eaten from, and I'm a dub and very loyal to Burdocks in Christchurch. Give it a go.

Sorry David, McDonaghs has been out of the running for a long long time. Hyped up tourist fish and chip shop, not even close to what I'm looking for.

On the mustard comment, yes I ate there a few times when they were opposite the cornstore, but haven't followed them to the bridge mills.

I've never thought about burgers from LaSalsa. I have eaten some of their traditional fare and its always been good. I'll give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Dali art

IMO McDonaghs is over rated and at best just ok. Fish and chip shops in Limerick are a whole lot better. Donkey Fords, Luigis, The Yellow Road, Enzo's and the Golden Grill all much better IMO. Yet to sample anything in that bracket in Galway.
    Lennox's in Cork are excellent too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭lion_bar

I never get people raving on about lennox's, its like people raving about mcdonaghs in galway. The chips are absolute muck, you might as well order a pot of grease, the burgers are fine but nothing special. Id much prefer a supermacs or mcdonalds.

have to agree, if there's going to be a chipper imported from Cork I'd go for KC's - much better overall menu though i think the chips used be better when i was younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Dali art

lion_bar wrote: »
    have to agree, if there's going to be a chipper imported from Cork I'd go for KC's - much better overall menu though i think the chips used be better when i was younger.
    Forgot all about KC's.... Good call

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

How long has Scotty's been closed, They used to have massive burgers back in the day.

I remember back in the mid 90's, there used to be a fruit and veg store where you'd turn off left at the top of Dominck St, and at the back of it was a burger kitchen doing takeaways, where you'd get the same Scotty burger for much cheaper than the restaurant in Middle St.

It was a very strange setup when you think about it. Anyone else remember it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

How long has Scotty's been closed, They used to have massive burgers back in the day.

I remember back in the mid 90's, there used to be a fruit and veg store where you'd turn off left at the top of Dominck St, and at the back of it was a burger kitchen doing takeaways, where you'd get the same Scotty burger for much cheaper than the restaurant in Middle St.

It was a very strange setup when you think about it. Anyone else remember it?

Yes, that was Silkes Fruit and Veg. Scotty was/is married to one of the Silkes.

Scottys in still open but in a strange location. It's on the Headford Road in an apartment development called Cuirt na Coiribe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

That kebab place on Dominick street is muck, we got a kebab and battered sausage there last week, the sausage was off and half the kebab followed it into the bin.
    McDonoughs has been crap for ten years, Kettle is far better.
    No choice of pizza places anymore though since Eds in the Square closed, they were by far the best pizzas in town, Bistro Bianconi is where my business goes now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement