Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GSL Season 2 (use spoilers)

• 19-10-2010 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

GSL Season 2 started yesterday, and already there has been some great games. Really looking forward to the rest of this season.

***Please do not read any further due to spoilers.***

Fruitdealer (Winner of Season 1) has already played and won his Ro64 match with minimum effort. I can see him going very far again this tournament.

TLO played today and got knocked out which is such a shame. He lost the first, won the 2nd and lost the third. He was caught off guard by a very quick stalker 4-gate warp into his natural on Jungle Basin.

Some other huge names have already played their first match: SlayerSBoxeR, NEXGenuis, oGsInCa, MakaPrime.

I seriously recommend getting a season ticket, it's only €10 and gives access to the live stream as well as all the VODs and post-match interviews. GOM have really improved on the quality of the live stream this time round (after an hour of technical difficulties on the first day). Last season I struggled to watch the live stream but not anymore. The more support competitive Starcraft II gets, the better the games will be!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

TLO got knocked out by SangHo who judging by what I could see of his play >>> SKS, the dude was an estro A-teamer. HongUnPrime seemed overconfident that he could outplay his opponent and got pwned for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

spoilers the keeper.
    i wanted to watch tlo's match meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

please use spoiler tags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    spoilers the keeper.
    i wanted to watch tlo's match meself.

I figured the fact that "Spoilers" was in the title thread made it clear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

keeper, it does, and imo if a thread contains the word "SPOILERS" then people should be aware of the risks, but its also nice to be able to chat about parts you have seen, and allow others to chat about parts you have not seen yet. this way, it makes it fair on everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I just logged into my Gomtv account and its letting me watch all the games vods.

Granted its only standard quality, I'm not feeling pushed to shell out a tenner to watch in higher definition.

And considering I wont be able to watch games live, I'm pretty happy with this ;)

Pity my internet has crapped out and wont be till thursday till its fixed.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I just logged into my Gomtv account and its letting me watch all the games vods.

I know last season that the 1st game in each set was free to view. Are you able to watch the 2nd or 3rd game in a set?

2nd Day Games:
    The majority of the 2nd day games were pretty poor in comparison to the 1st day. Especially the BoxeR vs BabyWerra games, felt like I could of outplayed both of those players.

The Apple vs PhoenixWerra game wasn't great either, Terran never really had a chance in those games. The failed Hellion rush in the 2nd game really highlighted his short comings.

o yeah I cant wtach 2nd or 3rd

When my net fixes itself I'll pick up the subscription and wtach the games probably, I assume the content is indefinite viewing.

They could orgnaise the video playlists a bit better

I like the way the videos are organised once you go into "Schedule".

Tasteless and Artosis are at Blizzcon today, so IdrA and Jason Lee (TV Sports caster) have commentated the first two games, not sure if they are casting the day's games though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

IdrA commentates?! I'll have to watch that.

He reminds me of a guy I know, who I hate, so I find it hard to like idra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Anybody got any links to free vod's like the last GSL? There was someone uploading them all to youtube. I'm that poor that I can't afford the €20 or whatever it is :o

...:) http://www.youtube.com/user/MrHaki8282

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 daithiordave

youtube taking them down fast, but http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-CGz2_nzio&feature=related is first game of tlo vs babybyebye day 2 , rest of those games in links or on the user page, but its crappy quality

slayersboxer vs happiness day 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoF2ugi91Ug bad quality but english vod, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3RPo3rGQfg&feature=related for better quality, could try play the one and listen to the other :)

Today had some big names playing, namely FruitDealer (winner of GSL Season 1) and SlayersBoxeR.
    A huge upset when FruitDealer lost to (fake)BoxeR in a 2:0 result. FruitDealer just couldn't deal with the continuous early marine pressure. FruitDealer held on as long as he could but just didn't have the unit count to keep the pressure away.

SlayersBoxeR had two relatively easy wins in his TvP matchup. both games he managed to sneak in a starport which went unscouted.

So now onto the round of 16, and there are 7 Zergs, 6 Terrans and 3 Protoss. A much bigger Zerg count this time round from last season, and much less Protoss, however a lot of the Protoss players to have gone out just haven't been that good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Here it comes gentlemen.

SlayerS_boxer vs naDa!

10 mins away. gogogogogo

And I'm in work : /

Any teamliquid stream?

*Found a few, not loading, AAAAAAAAA*

Will watch when I get home, avoiding this thread all day, and hopefully twitter doesnt unveil it

Can't wait, it's going to be awesome!

All the fangirls are behind NaDa, hes clearly all about the bitches:)

Doc, i BET your reading this. Dont!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Boxer fiiiiiiiiiiiiiightan'

• Advertisement

holy **** at that last game

Funky wrote: »
    Boxer fiiiiiiiiiiiiiightan'

Ruined it for me....

:p couldnt resit, I'll just re-watchwhen im home, Twitter has it announced all over it anyway

I posted that during like the first set :P

it wasnt even nearly over when he posted that :)

It is now though
    EMPOROR FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTING. Actually NaDa seem to have made an arse of it a bit, or maybe boxer just really took advantage of a few lapses.

Very poor nuking from Nada in that last game really lost him the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Such a good series! Wish could get some of the replays to watch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 daithiordave

type gsl 2 in youtube or example boxer vs kyrixzenith for good gsl 2 set and find rest same way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

That SlayerSBoxeR/NaDa game was the best TvT I've ever seen tbh. Fantastic series.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

clearly you never saw me and dustaz duke it out at the second boards tuesday tourney.

put boxer/nada to shame

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Must these games start at 10 in the morning?! I was planning on getting drunk with some friends and watching the final. I can't wait to do that for an eSport. It will have truly arrived then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

nesf wrote: »
    That SlayerSBoxeR/NaDa game was the best TvT I've ever seen tbh. Fantastic series.
    You should watch some of the SelecT vs Fenix games on iCCup maps...

clearly you never saw me and dustaz duke it out at the second boards tuesday tourney.

put boxer/nada to shame

Dustaz going two cloak banshees then you winning by having a turret up is hardly epic ;)

(this is me assuming how that game went without watching it)

put boxer/nada to shame

TRUTH

[nooooooooo] SlayerS_Boxer [/nooooooooooo] . Such a shame hes gone but hey, it means the final is going to be the two guys who i really took a shine to this year. Nestea really does play an entertaining zerg game and Foxer is just the single most 'spunky' terran out there.

No idea whos going to win, but im hoping Foxer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

gomtv seem slow this morning or just me?

• Advertisement

Can't even get the stream working! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Too choppy to bother for me.

There are plenty of restreams about,

http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/SKTDH

you can find more on Team Liquid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

gg nestea, but jesus christ foxer
    threw that last game away. once the first marine/scv push failed what the hell was he doing trying it again. without even building a bunker at his main
    just so much fail.
    another zergscum takes the trophy :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

gg nestea, but jesus christ foxer
    threw that last game away. once the first marine/scv push failed what the hell was he doing trying it again. without even building a bunker at his main
    just so much fail.
    another zergscum takes the trophy :/
    The game7 was beyong ugly played by Foxer :S even if it jking to call Nestea(zergbong) zergscum, Foxer's ugly 1-dimentional mass marine play is worse than any scum existed lol

• Advertisement

That was foxers first lan afk according to an interview earlier i nthe season, where he also said

" To be honest, I've no idea what I'm doing half the time, I need to work on alot of my game, mostly , strategy"

LOL

Alarm didnt wake me up at all :mad:

For anybody that missed it you can check the vods here for a stream: http://www.justin.tv/pwnstream/videos?kind=past_broadcasts

Was a great series!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just so you know, Season 3 qualifiers have began.

Spoilers failed, FML.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=169091

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Just so you know, Season 3 qualifiers have began.

Spoilers failed, FML.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=169091

Thread for Day 2 is up: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=169332

Some major upsets on Day1.

I knew Huk would not qualify!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

what other upsets? can't access gaming sites in work

Loner didn't qualify, Tester failed to qualify again too

how about day 1, any big names out?

DrMorphine wrote: »
    I knew Huk would not qualify!
    In fairness to him, he has just made the big move to Korea and has alot of potential and ability. He needs to adapt to the new gruelling trianing and way of life pretty much. Being competitive at MLG is one thing but being competitive in korea is a major step up, also he has said himself he doesnt feel in great shapre recently and he didnt feel comfortable at the recent mlg at all

There is no doubt the top 10 US and Euro players are good enough to compete in this tourney, but getting in is the hard part - plus the numbers are so stacked against them

I love the way the first two GSLs were so different, hopefully this third one will have a raft of new ideas and strategies

I don't know how this league is doing financially, especially with the immense prize money and running costs, but its the best 15 dolla I have spent recently

• Advertisement
Advertisement