If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 47LE5300 vs. LG 50PK350

Options
  • 19-10-2010 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hey there,
    I have ordered from Richersounds before and have never been disappointed.

I am going to order one of these two tvs from you and was wondering if I could get your opinion on which set would be better.

I would also like to know if richersounds can deliver either of the sets to Cork.
    (I have heard you do not deliver 50" tvs)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the only experience I have had of these sets is from what I have read online.
    Thanks for any help you can give me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Penguin.

Cheers for the post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Of these two, I personally would have to go for the 47LE5300.

The reasons :

(1) The 50PK350 is a decent screen, but it is their entry level 50" plasma and when you compare the contrast level (in real terms) of the 5300, it has a deep black, which enhances the picture depth.

(2) The plasma is very reflective. Depending on where you put the plasma, it can suffer from reflection issues.

(3) Power consumption. The LED is running twice as efficient at 95 watts, whereas the plasma is 187 watts.

(4) The LED has 4 HDMI inputs, the plasma only has 2.

(5) Even with the 600Hz, I would have to say that the picture on the LED is smoother than the plasma.

Currently stock on the 50" is very short so we don't ship these at the moment. Cork would have been a problem for us, but recently, we have employed a guy who goes down your direction from time to time, so if you can let me know where you are, I can see if we can get the 47" down to you.

I hope this helps, but if you are interested in the LED, let me know and I can investigate the delivery.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭penguinpoppers

Cheers Dave that's brilliant.
    Was kind of hoping you'd say the LED would be the way to go.

I am 100% interested in ordering the 47LE5300 from you guys as soon as possible.
    Could I get a quote on that TV so please, and is there any chance of a boards.ie deal? :P
    I live in Cork City on Barracks street near UCC.

Thanks again for all the help!

Any info about delivering that LED?
    Am ready to place the order whenever suits you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Penguin.

Sorry for the late reply.

Playing catchup at the mo.

If you can PM me a contact number, I'll call you for some details and arrange delivery etc.

Our order goes to the warehouse tomorrow so it should be perfect timing.

Cheers

Dave

Sent the PM last night.
    Hope this order can go to the warehouse with the rest of them today.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.