Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Villa Toscana Still Open?

Options
  • 19-10-2010 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭

Was wondering if anyone could tell me if Villa Toscana restaurant in Dundalk is still open?

The number I have for it doesn't seem to be connected. 042-9386696

If anyone has a number for it I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 workstoomuch

Seems like it is closed down, there has been a to let sign on the premises for quite a while.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Seriously, it wouldn't be a great gastronomic loss for the town...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

axel rose wrote: »
    Seriously, it wouldn't be a great gastronomic loss for the town...

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I thought it was nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

ah no thats terrible. It was one of the greatest restaurants in the town. :(

I always went there, are you absolutely sure its closed down?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Yes it's closed. And despite what others may say I liked it and think it certainly is a gastronomic loss to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Yes it's closed. And despite what others may say I liked it and think it certainly is a gastronomic loss to the town.

Bad loss for Dundalk and down with the food snobs on here!!!

Ah no you can't be serious!! The place was an unorganised dump! The last time I went there, the ceiling light fell onto the table, we waited over an hour between the starter and the main, the toilets STANK of damp! As for the food, I remember that my dish was bland, anothers steak was like rubber.......The chip van could do better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Ah no you can't be serious!! The place was an unorganised dump! The last time I went there, the ceiling light fell onto the table, we waited over an hour between the starter and the main, the toilets STANK of damp! As for the food, I remember that my dish was bland, anothers steak was like rubber.......The chip van could do better!
    Video and documented links and evidence:)

sorry, I dont normally bring the camera crew with me with I hit 'Da Towne'. :P

(Man those toilets sank though-not helped by was copious amounts of what I hope was fake ivy!!!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

With a few new places opening over the past few years, a few of the older places were bound to suffer. Slightly o.t but has anyone gone to rivas new place down on Jocelyn Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

Well I thought it was a nice place. It was actually the only place in town where I got a decent meal. I dont remember ever going anywhere else and enjoying some good food in this town as much as I did the villa toscana

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

indiewindy wrote: »
    With a few new places opening over the past few years, a few of the older places were bound to suffer. Slightly o.t but has anyone gone to rivas new place down on Jocelyn Street?

where mizu used to be is it? didn't know they were there now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

indiewindy wrote: »
    bigneacy wrote: »
    where mizu used to be is it? didn't know they were there now?

Yeah Riva have a second cafe down at the old Mizu place. I just grabbed a takeaway coffee in it passing a week ago. I was never in Mizu but I'm told it's the same decor / setup as when it was Mizu. Fantastic building I must say. Hope they go well with it.

Advertisement