Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digiweb metro 8mb

• 19-10-2010 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hello I started this thread to answer any questions and ask some so please resond to this i want to get some information.. I've just ordered Digiweb metro 8mb with 60GB cap and FREE INSTALLATION! So looking forward to that!
    XxjustepicxX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 XxjustepicxX

yeah i have it installed now rly not happy with it i had 7.68mb today and now i have 3.45 and i have to use ethernet cable and i have router and it just wont go local and internet and im rly frustrated plz help me im just ugh...

Is there anyway you can help me?
    im rly stuck dont rly wanna call technician costs more money i think...
    And living in carlow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Email them.

Make sure your router you added to Modem is an Ethernet/Cable router and you have modem connected to 5th special "WAN" port, usually coloured different or labeled different.

A Router with built-in DSL Modem usually is unsuitable.

You need to unplug power of Modem, count 15, plug in again to get it to "recognise" the Modem.

My Metro Speed is a bit lower maybe than a few months ago due to cap increasing, or it could be the speedtest server is busier.
    1000030110.png

However average speed on eircom 8Mbps package is just over 3Mbps due to average line length, crosstalk, interference and quality.

Thank you! Earlyier i rang digiweb and they said if it works on ps3 its not a problem with us and gave me my router companys name and i rang them and they sorted me out! so all good now thanks! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

watty wrote: »
    Email them.

Make sure your router you added to Modem is an Ethernet/Cable router and you have modem connected to 5th special "WAN" port, usually coloured different or labeled different.

You need to unplug power of Modem, count 15, plug in again to get it to "recognise" the Modem.

My Metro Speed is a bit lower maybe than a few months ago due to cap increasing, or it could be the speedtest server is busier.
    1000030110.png

However average speed on eircom 8Mbps package is just over 3Mbps due to average line length, crosstalk, interference and quality.

hi Watty, just a question as you have the digiweb system, i am looking to order this for my mother, to replace a problematic DSL connection, that keeps dropping out, luckily where she is based she can get digiweb..

how reliable is the phone connection with metro? does heavy rain, have an impact on it? and also is it possible to bring the eircom number over?

are they still shipping the thompson router, and is it possible to web into it to check signal etc.
    once its installed i will take great pleasure in ringing eircom to cancel.

thanks.

• Advertisement

I can use Fax on it.
    I transferred my eircom number
    I have no problem with heavy rain
    The Thomson is a MODEM. You need to buy a router/firewall. (re-connect modem power to re-issue IP to router)
    They don't install if signal isn't good enough.
    They know the signal, so there is no real need to check it.
    RF Parameters
    Downstream
    Frequency		Power	0 dBmV
    Signal to Noise Ratio	28 dB	Modulation	QAM64
    Upstream
    Frequency		Power	44 dBmV
    Upstream Data Rate	5120 Ksym/sec	Modulation	QPSK

If she gets phone allowance, it's allowable on Digiweb.

Digiweb has an FAQ http://support.digiweb.ie/questions/34/Metro+FAQ%27s

I also have very cheap UPS (Trust) for my Modem, Outdoor radio PSU, DECT cordless phones (two sets of twins) and Router/WiFi to ensure phone and Broadband during power cut.

So looks like watty answered your question

watty wrote: »
    Email them.

1000030110.png

Watty what time did u take that speedtest at? For me all day its nearlly 8mb and near 6 in the evening it starts to slow down! Does it for you??

Watty what time did u take that speedtest at? For me all day its nearlly 8mb and near 6 in the evening it starts to slow down! Does it for you??

1000732319.png[/URL]

Time is on the Speed test

1000792869.png

Pick the Galway server. Never the Dublin one as it's not accurate at peak times.

Galway server=1000808411.png[/URL]

Dublin server=1000811778.png[/URL]

• Advertisement

you see, your connection isn't as poor as you think :)

Yeah I suppose :D But that was getting a bit later in the night bewteen 6 to mabye 8 its around 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

im getting their DSL Home + Talk

7Mb 100Gb cap.

wondering if theres anything else coming out soon though before i sign up on monday.. :)
    metro and dsl dont seem to have much between them except costs + am getting the phone also so it makes sense to go dsl.
    line only supports 6Mb they said though but its ok for me :)

i dont think there will be anything worth talking about coming out on DSL for the forseable futre.... well for mabye a year or two and if there was it wud be too expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

well its the fact of where i am more than anything. some of us live in small towns and nowhere else :D
    but the line can handle 6Mb anyway so its good for me for another year until fiber rolls out a bit more widespread..although it will probably be another 5 years before anything really high grade gets around the country i guess and even then the same as the phone networks 95% coverage (population coverage)
    and 50% of that is dublin like >>

Well UPC have recently released 100mb Fiber Power broadband...
    But a bit expensive! €80!! :O for bb alone.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1146800682.png
    That's my Digiweb Metro 8mb now.

If you buy a wireless router for your tomson modem and you dont change the name of the router and have numbers in it , the router wont work, thats what happened to mine

Advertisement