Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Boutique Hotel'

Options
  • 19-10-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭

Anybody know about this place, only noticed it Sun night after a night in the Front Door...

Theres a door about three doors to the left of Busker Brownes and above it it has 'Boutique Hotel' written on it. Any ideas who owns it / how long its there? Couldnt find a website for them either!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Just googled it and found this

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I think they opened after the races. There was a piece about them in the Galway Independent last month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

is it Number 7 Cross Street - been open for a while now. easy to miss tho if you are not in the area every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Heh, I am in the area every day! :P Wont miss it anymore I suppose! Have you checked the room rates? Surely this place cant be recession proof?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Shanley wrote: »
    Heh, I am in the area every day! :P Wont miss it anymore I suppose! Have you checked the room rates? Surely this place cant be recession proof?

they are not simply rooms, they are boutique rooms..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

snubbleste wrote: »
    they are not simply rooms, they are boutique rooms..

Just looked at the prices, this place is dirt cheap considering location etc (I think it looks really nice also).

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Buglim wrote: »
    Just looked at the prices, this place is dirt cheap considering location etc (I think it looks really nice also).

You must be joking, €42.50 per person sharing or €70 for single occupancy in double room. Thats 'living in the past' pricing if ever I saw it.

well the spanish arch is doing a room only for 80 Euro - so what is the difference - at least at No. 7 you get a continental breakfast thrown in.

Their midweek special is 85ish per room. I know Spanish Arch do a range of prices depending on seasons, but they have gone at least at low as 39 per room some nights. Dunno what the rooms in SA are like though. I imagine they'd all be pretty noisy though!

Edit: Just saw Dolphin City's post - are SA 80 at the mo? That's surely a weekend price, for which no 7 is more I think. They should all be lower in Oct.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Their midweek special is 85ish per room. I know Spanish Arch do a range of prices depending on seasons, but they have gone at least at low as 39 per room some nights. Dunno what the rooms in SA are like though. I imagine they'd all be pretty noisy though!

Edit: Just saw Dolphin City's post - are SA 80 at the mo? That's surely a weekend price, for which no 7 is more I think. They should all be lower in Oct.

inisbofine
    they have had signs out every day saying rooms 79 Euro - weekdays and weekends at the spanish arch. no breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

It opened race week, and they spent over a year building it. It is locally owned and operated.

Whatever you say about the prices compared to Quay Street, the rooms in it, although small, are beautiful.

There are pictures of some of the rooms on the wall outside, and they aren't shy about giving people a guided tour. If you go in for a look, go all the way to the top floor.

There are some great "Old Galway" photos on the wall all around it.

And it is the door immediatly to the left of Buskers, beside that beautiful antique shop!!

inisbofine
    they have had signs out every day saying rooms 79 Euro - weekdays and weekends at the spanish arch. no breakfast.

I did see a sign for 69 too quite recently! They do it according to demand. I am not arguing that they go up to 79, they do, but I am saying I have seen them as low as 39 during the year. 6 difference for continental breakfast is grand but no bargain.

That being said, the room do look lovely in no7 and it is a beautiful building. I think both it and SA would be advised to drop their price a bit to increase biz in Nov and Dec. Must go in and have a look at no 7

Advertisement