Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop Foot

Options
  • 19-10-2010 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭

Anybody suffer?

What do you do for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭S'

FluffyCat wrote: »
    Anybody suffer?

What do you do for it?

I suffer from drop foot, was in a car accident 5 months ago. Broke my right leg in two places and now have a pin holding it together.
    My peroneal nerve is damaged and have no movement in my angle or toes. I use a angle strap with a cuff on my shoe to keep in horizontal while I'm walking.

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

FluffyCat wrote: »
    Anybody suffer?

What do you do for it?

See a doctor and get a proper diagnosis of the cause. Perhaps it is something that can be resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

UrbanFox wrote: »
    See a doctor and get a proper diagnosis of the cause. Perhaps it is something that can be resolved.

I have MS

Been suffering with drop foot for 4 yrs

Since Im mobile docs are not interested in helping me

Im looking for maybe excerises or stuff I can do. Would love to be able to walk for anything longer than 15mins without pain and having to stop cause my foot is dragging

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Fluffy, have you been to a physio or OT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Fluffy, have you been to a physio or OT?

Nope, like I say the docs dont really give two hoots and all I know is that drop foot never goes away but, in my case anyway, will probably just get worse.

I just hate appearing like a drunk at times cause I cant walk in a straight line and Im still very young so a lifetime of this is unbearable to think off!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

look on the good side of being wobbly..if you really ARE drunk, you can blame it on the MS :D (Works for me ;) )

Advertisement