Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angleberry in Cattle

• 19-10-2010 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

I have a year and a half year old hefer who had a black wart like growth on her udder for about a month. It grew to the size of a tennis ball and then it just literally fell off. The site where the growth was, has healed up but another growth has appeared on a different part of the udder in the past day. Someone suggested that it may be Angleberry - so I was just wondering if anyone recognises this type of growth or does anyone know anything about Angleberry. What causes it and what cures/medicines should I be using.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

PaddyJules wrote: »
    I have a year and a half year old hefer who had a black wart like growth on her udder for about a month. It grew to the size of a tennis ball and then it just literally fell off. The site where the growth was, has healed up but another growth has appeared on a different part of the udder in the past day. Someone suggested that it may be Angleberry - so I was just wondering if anyone recognises this type of growth or does anyone know anything about Angleberry. What causes it and what cures/medicines should I be using.

Thanks

I always just let angleberry fall off itself. I might wash it down with something antiseptic, but I'm now aware of any cure or medicine for it. Any of my cattle with it have healed themselves over time. I've never seen it on an udder with my cattle. Its usually around the neck area of my cattle and presents as several little balls - like a bunch or grapes or berries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭adne

PaddyJules wrote: »

Thanks

Had a bullock with it this year. Quizzed Vet on it and he said cattle in the 1 year to 2 year age bracket commonly get it and that it will just fall off... no need to worry about it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sue_

generally falls off but if this is a dairy heifer could cause a problem. You could try castor oil and breadsoda applied daily or else get your vet to create a vaccine. They use a sample of the wart off the heifer and create it from this. If they can't do it ask them to contact oldcastle labs in meath, they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Neuroenergetic Kinesiologist

Hi there,

My post is a little late given your date of posting but I just wanted to let you know that my Dad has the cure of warts. He has many people coming to him from all over Ireland and they've all been cured of warts since attending him. I was just having a chat with him today and he mentioned he was going to cure some angleberries on a cow next week. I'd never heard of this term before so I googled it just now and came across your post. Better later than never!! You can reach Dad on: 086 2512217/085 7858770 There's no charge for the cure but people are welcome to make a donation. The cure needs to be made 3 times and can only be done on Monday's or Thursdays. Hope this helps. :)

Advertisement