Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ikea Ad - Kitchen at parties

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Wow. What the fuck?

I want to kill everyone in that ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Hobbes wrote: »
    That song will remind me how IKEA go out of their way not to pay taxes by pretending to be a charity.

Also at :26, I am amazed they are able to walk up drawers which are most likely made out of particle board.

Hah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I still can't get over IKEA using mostly white cats in one of their ads. :mad:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

I would guess Jona Lewie got a free kitchen out of this add. :p

That and a t.v appearence..He's the guy with the mask on the back of his head ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

So many moaners.:(

Well done IKEA, great ad, great pop song and cleverly cosntructed ad. Isn't it nice to see IKEA are still capable of being relevant and breaking old rules/mindsets and bringing some more affordable style and design to the high street or outta town furniture shoppers. If I was in the market for an off the shelf kitchen, I know where I'd be going.
    Do you have shares in IKEA perchance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

dan1895 wrote: »
    Jonah Lewie who sang the original is in the ad as the party host. There's a 3 minute version on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LIai0MAbE

Poor old Palmers Green, changed to Bethnal Green in the new version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

is it just me or does the guy in the ad look like cillian murphy

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭billythepig

The bird in the white dress at the start is a bit of all right.

shes a bit of class alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

shes a bit of class alright

Where've you been for over a year ??!! :D:D
    Oh yea they both would get a seein' to !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I don't remember this ad a year ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

I deffo saw it more than a year ago. That song (& 2 chicks) stuck to something in me mallet when it (the ad) was released. Could have been on some uk channels :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

Great tune but what an irritating ad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

One of the greatest ads of all time. The two lads in the video are the ones who remixed the song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

That ad reminds me of that shop, I am convinced they have moving walls I just simply get lost in it everytime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PB94941

http://www.zootoday.com/girls/archive/2010/10/22/sexy-ikea-ad-girls-stripped.htm?slideshow=true

I used to be an agnostic, but I now believe that there is a god.

Advertisement