Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gallagher\Hendrix

Options
  • 19-10-2010 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Got a good photo of Gallagher and Lynott from one of the evening papers.

Got me wondering ....... did Gallagher and Jimi Hendrix ever perform on the same stage (I know they were at the Isle of Wight on the same day but I don't think they were on stage at the same time)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

Got a good photo of Gallagher and Lynott from one of the evening papers.

Got me wondering ....... did Gallagher and Jimi Hendrix ever perform on the same stage (I know they were at the Isle of Wight on the same day but I don't think they were on stage at the same time)

I nearly sure they didnt , im not even sure if they met each other either

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Rock & Metal.

I don't think they played together either.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

Rory did encounter Jimi once, they shook hands.

Read about it here: http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000931.html (see about half way down page)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

never played together but in an interview when asked how it felt to be the greatest guitar player in the world hendrix famously replied "I don't know you'll have to go ask rory gallagher":)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

magentas wrote: »
    never played together but in an interview when asked how it felt to be the greatest guitar player in the world hendrix famously replied "I don't know you'll have to go ask rory gallagher":)
    Thats a myth afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Hendrix89 wrote: »
    Rory did encounter Jimi once, they shook hands.

Read about it here: http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/000931.html (see about half way down page)

Deadly interview thanks for the link:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Thats a myth afaik
    sure how would you know :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

magentas wrote: »

I'm nearly sure i heard him say that on youtube

Advertisement