Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Phone

Options
  • 19-10-2010 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Hoping somebody can give me a bit of advice here as i really don't know much about the procedures involved.

I'm currently with Meteor(pre-pay) but i am about to move house and there is absolutely no Meteor signal where i am going. First thing is i have had the phone about 18 months and have spent i believe well enough for them to let me switch. However i don't want to bring my number i think its time that i changed so only people i want will have it.

So if i ring metoer will they unlock my phone then and there or will they send a code to me in the post or how is it done?

Will my old meteor sim card still work? i.e if they unlock it will the sim card stop working immediately and i wont be able to retrieve my phone numbers?

Can i pop any sim card into the phone then. I know O2 works where im going but i was thinking Tesco as they work on the 02 network would be just as good signal wise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Just give them a ring, and they will give you the code. It may take a day or two.

You sim and phone numbers will not be effected. Everything will work exactly the same as before, except the phone will allow you put a different network sim in it

Advertisement