Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

restaurant in carlow town

Options
  • 19-10-2010 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

im looking for some advice my parents are coming down for my graduation which is happening in a few weeks and are looking to go out for a meal after, somewhere which serves good steaks for me da:D and just general restaurant food after that for myself and ma were not fussy, any ideas:confused: also im looking to book a hotel for them and notice that the talbot only does a minimum 2 night stay:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Have a look here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056041735

If it has to be in Carlow town, I'd say The Seven Oaks.
    If you're willing to drive 15 or 20 minutes, Then I'd go for Germaine's in Baltinglass for the Steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Pompeii is pretty good, as is Italian Connection or Lautrecs

the food in the Seven Oaks is okay, but it doesn't have the atmosphere ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Went to the Seven Oaks after my graduation, the restaurant part. The grub is ok, pub grub type menu. My parents like it though as its good old fashioned steak and chips / spuds. Also plenty of people from the graduation were there. What time is the grad at? Ours was over at lunchtime which limits venues and menu types.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

booked lautrecs after for the evening, my graduation starts at 3 so i presome it will be over by 6ish, just got to sort hotel for them now its annoying that the talbot wont do a 1 night stay at the weekends, 7 oaks is very dear, so prob go with dolmen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

don't forget the court house hotel
    and Dinn Ri have rooms too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

never heard of the court house hotel, im thinking the dinn ri would be noisey for the parents with the nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

deaglan169 wrote: »
    im looking for some advice my parents are coming down for my graduation which is happening in a few weeks and are looking to go out for a meal after, somewhere which serves good steaks for me da:D and just general restaurant food after that for myself and ma were not fussy, any ideas:confused: also im looking to book a hotel for them and notice that the talbot only does a minimum 2 night stay:mad:

I see no such restriction on their website. Their online booking page allows you book room for a single night no bother.
    Only their X nights+ dinner deals have a minimum stay requirement.

Also don't forget the Dolmen Hotel, only a couple of minutes drive out the Kilkenny road, and for accommodation only there are a few top class guest houses such as BarrowVille (near the kilkenny rd traffic lights).

Advertisement