Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reiki

• 19-10-2010 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

I am a Reiki master but have not done a lot of reiki work. I was wondering if anyone has had reiki done on them and what was their reaction. Also are there any good reiki books out there.

Blessed be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

If you are a Master and have under gone the training and initiations then you should be part of a network able to ask those questions of your indicator and their extended family/network.

I have had Reiki done on me from three different people who all have slightly different lineages. The first time it felt odd and not like anything I had felt before, it was subtle and well done. After that I found I was able to tell if someone was using Reiki around me.
    After the second time I was very will as it was done with out asking me and I ended up with an awful cold just afterwards. The third I full consented and trusted the person and found after that I could tell if someone around me was passively using it and who it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

This is a good book :)http://www.amazon.com/Reiki-Tummo-Effective-Technique-Happiness/dp/9799852900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1287525091&sr=8-1

It also is a guide on how you can use Reiki as a spiritual practice as well as a tool for Healing :)

WLL
    Padma (L)

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Thaedydal thats very interesting. Im not aware of when people are doing it all. I lost contact with my instructor and dont fancy making contact either.

Padma thanks for that book, Ill try and take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

OP, I have had Reiki done three times and felt nothing. I went along on the urging of others and was disapointed after the first session that I wasn't "feeling" anything, so tried, twice more, with different practioners. NADA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Where are you based, as in, if you're in Dublin for instance, I know of one RM who allows people join her shares who have not trained with her.

As a RM (although am not practicing professionally) have had the opportunity of receiving reiki from many different people, and depending on how I am on that day, and also how the individual practitioner herself channels the energy it can feel different - sometimes tingling, sometimes warmth etc.

I have read many books, some I loved, whereas others were a bit meh. Hands of Light by Barbara Ann Brennan is a fab read, even though it is of a different healing modality.

If you've any questions feel free to PM me, although may not necessarily have the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

Im in southside Dublin, I'd love to do group work too. does she charge?

She has a share on Tuesday, which I think is booked out - her name is Ellie Shilling www.xhale.ie. Yeah, she does charge for the shares - the rate went up recently as the hotel increased their rates :(.

It might be worth enquiring at the Dublin Holistic Centre too, as there are a few reiki practitioners/masters there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭anamcarame

I can recommend Ellie Reiki Shares as I have been trained by her and been to her shares. A really lovely evening. The charge is to cover the Hotel cost but worth it. I am also a RM and will be having a share in November. This is free of charge. Feel free to pm me if you are interested.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reiki-Life-Essential-Guide-Practice/dp/0749922346

I have found this to be a fab reiki guide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Another recommendation for Ellie here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Shinners23

Whispered wrote: »
    Another recommendation for Ellie here.

I did my Reiki Level 1 and 2 with Ellie.. .She is amazing. We had 2 such wonderful weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Selfheal

Hi Thaedydal,
    I was interested to read your post, as I'm a Reiki Second Degree Practitioner but my Reiki Master taught us that permission should always be asked before giving Reiki. Maybe not all Masters take this approach - but I think it's a good principle to follow. Unless someone asks for it, of course!

Selfheal wrote: »
    Hi Thaedydal,
    I was interested to read your post, as I'm a Reiki Second Degree Practitioner but my Reiki Master taught us that permission should always be asked before giving Reiki. Maybe not all Masters take this approach - but I think it's a good principle to follow. Unless someone asks for it, of course!

Hi Selfheal,

This is how I was trained as well. I am a RM myself, but haven't yet run any classes. Anyhow, for me personally, if possible always try to get permission first. If permission is not possible, say a young child who is pre-verbal, or the person, for whatever reason is unable to give permission, it is always best to ask the higher spirit of the person (eg meditate on it, and feel for the answer - I always ask 3 times, to be sure).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 sarah sinnott

I have done Reiki Level 1 and 2 with Eileen Heneghan in Fethard Co. Tipperary

I Highly recommend any of her courses, she is a wonderful person

I am going to re-sit both levels with a friend who is interested in getting into it purely for the enjoyable weekend it is

i have joined share groups in Thurles and Kilkenny. Love it.

am enjoyed it thououghly and will progress onto level 3 and sechim eventually but for the moment i am really enjoying taking is slowly#

Its great :)

any recommendations for level 1 courses in the tullamore area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

1st of the month to reconnect...

Title: Free Usui Reiki Level 1 Mass Attunement every 1st of each month Date: Friday April 1, 2011 Time: 6:30 pm - 6:45 pm Repeats: This event repeats every month. Location: 1st of each month, 6.30-6.45 PM Jakarta Time or 12.30-12.45 AM GMT/UTC time Notes: Free USUI REIKI Level 1 attunement is given massly every 1st of each month (start 6.30pm Jakarta time/12.30 GMT for 15 minutes) by Irmansyah Effendi, MSc., the founder of Reiki Tummo, to help those who need Reiki energy channeling ability but can not afford the attunement cost. The attunement is given by means of Reiki Tummo attunement technique, so it will help also connecting your heart better to Divine Love&Light. For Reiki Tummo alumni, the attunement will be received as Reiki Tummo attunement level 1 that will help cleanse and open your chakras and energy channels even more.
    You do not need to register in advance to receive this free attunement. Just be ready during the schedule. Do not forget to do self healing afterwards.

Smile, enjoy and be grateful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rubberboots

Hi all,
    I'm a Reiki Master and I work full time as a Reiki Master. There are many books out there, even one called reiki for Dummies. Hands of Light by Barbara brennan is a very intense book and when I learnt Reiki i bought it, started to read it , but put it away for a few years and now I'm enjoying it much more. 'Reiki for Life' is an excellent book by Penelope Quest. Spiritual Healing by eileen Inge Herzberg is interesting and Hands-On spiritual healing by Michael Bradford is also interesting.
    Could I just add here, I can't call myself a great healer as it's not me who is doing the healing, I'm only the channell for the energy. It's the person that heals themselves by drawing the energy they need from the Reiki person. Hope this throws some light on some of your questions. Feel free to contact me for more info. Kind Regards, Rubberboots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

hi i have had reiki done a good few times with the same healer and found it amazing....tension in my back opened up so i could breath deeper, tension released in my hips so i was more grounded, my posture was corrected and i felt more present. i am particularly sensitive to energy though...

unfortunately i have since been put off as this particular healer started to try and influence me to initiate with her school of healing for my 'protection'....this was just at the end of a session while i was wide open too which annoyed me. although i know she genuinely meant well i found this to be poor practice for a healer and i definitely would not trust her (or anyone else for that matter) to work on me anymore

dont want to be negative here i really believe in reiki and can vouch for its effectiveness but im sharing my experience as i believe the world of spirituality/energy work has become an industry where anyone can become a healer. Just because someone is a healer/RM does not mean their ego is in check.

Advertisement